MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Routing Audio Into Apple Soundtrack
mcrein
post Tue 16 Mar 2004, 06:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,217

just wondering if anyone has figured out how to route audio into soundtrack for recording. i'm using motu 828 mk 2 and though soundtrack recognizes it as an input, no sound comes through. i thought maybe suind soundflower i could route the audio from DP 4 into soundtrack, but again with no success. any help would be appreciated. so far te only way i've been ablet orecord into soundtrack is through my macs littel audio in miniplug.

M
1.25 dual gig, DP 4.1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mcrein
post Sat 20 Mar 2004, 05:25
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,217

as an update.

well i'm starting to narrow it down.

after much experimentation i found that it is not a mac/soundtrack problem. i can record into soundtrack using the mic/guitar inputs on the front of the 828 mk 2. in fact when i plug the triton into those inputs, i have signal! however, when i try to record via the analog inputs in the back of the 828 (where my triton is normally plugged in, which incidentally work fine in DP 4.1) , nothing.

it must have somethig to do with the types of inputs. the ones in the front panel of the 828 are equipped with a preamp (17 db) and are high impedance. the ones in the back are balanced line-in and can be adjusted for +4 or -10. all analog inputs front and back have 24 bit 64X oversampling A-D converters. right now they are at -10 and even when i add 6db boost, there's still no signal.

is the signal throught the back panel inputs too low?

it's a mystery i'd like to clear up.
M
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Mon 30 Sep 2024, 13:53
- © PcMusic 1997-2007