MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> powered plug-ins, the delay issue !
damann
post Sun 16 Jun 2002, 06:26
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,044

i recently bought a universal audio uad1 pci card. i was shocked to find out that when using this card or the tc powercore, every time you use one of it's plugs, a delay occurs!
these guys don't advertise this fact (surprise).
yes, the plugs sound GREAT, but a delay equal to the size of your audio buffer kicks in. the only way to compensate for this delay is to bus all unaffected tracks to a return and using a 'delay compensator' plug to effectively delay all other tracks to the same degree!
in a mixdown situation where you've made final decisions about all elements of your song and bounced them down as audio tracks this isn't too much of a problem, but whilst you're still working on a song this situation is pretty unbearable.
does anybody have similar experience/help for me here, or more importantly, does anybody have news/knowledge about the future of this unique problem?
there are other issues that i won't discuss yet, but i'm really hoping that this fundamental problem has some kind of solution. r.s.v.p.

--------------------
one for all and all for one...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Sun 16 Jun 2002, 09:46
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

You won't make me dream with a UREI, I've got a Publison wink.gif

And the killing argument: I don't have a spare PCI port free…

And for me old school is definetly racks racks racks smile.gif and I'm working for an analog company.

wink.gif

(have better ideas, you'll need less treatment)

arf arf arf

anyway… I'll look upon that, now SLEEEEEEEEEEEEP

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 27 Jun 2024, 21:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008