MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Analog vs Digital Recording
abbie
post Thu 8 Nov 2001, 18:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 322

I am relatively new to multitrack recording. Apart from having recorded a few pieces on my iMac, I have been recently transferring to my Mac some recordings I did 10 years ago on my 4 track portastudio for the purpose of 're-mastering'. I was struck by the relative richness of these old recordings to my more recent ones and was wondering whether I stumbled into the old analog vs digital problem. If so, does a product like T-Rack-S solve the problem or do I simply need to learn how to better use the EQ and VST plug-ins on my multitrack software?

--------------------
Abbie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Synthetic
post Sat 17 Nov 2001, 19:09
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

A lot of pros are using tape to record on initially these days because if you record on a good analog tape deck... you can saturate the sound more and add warmth. Then they are taking the recordings from tape and transferring to digital and then performing editing and mixing all in digital domain.

It really depends on your tastes in sound and what you want to achieve. I use T-racks as a final mastering point for my tracks because I like using the compression and limiter to boost tracks a little for hotter sound and using the EQ... you can take a little of digital harshness out of a track but I don't think it is the same as recording to tape as far as sound quality goes.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 5 Jun 2024, 15:51
- © 440 Forums 2011