MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> G4 Powerbook And Os X, any suggestions?
benjones
post Thu 27 Mar 2003, 00:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,914

Hello,

I have just bought a g4 powerbook with the intent of setting up a mobile studio. I will be using it mainly to multitrack live instruments, at least that has priority over MIDI input (i eventually will use midi). I couldn't imagine needing more than 2 simultaneous inputs. I was hoping to hear from anyone who has experience with an interface with these general specs.

Like the m-audio duo, audiophile, or premobile
Edirol ua3d, ua5, ua20
the emagic ones
or the mbox

etc.....

I would really like to be able to work completely in OS X. also, I haven't bought any software yet -- so I am hoping to find a hardware-software match that will work right from the get-go!

Please let me know if you have a setup that you are happy with -- or not!

thanks for any input
ben

This post has been edited by benjones: Thu 27 Mar 2003, 00:41
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bigheaven
post Fri 28 Mar 2003, 00:11
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,785

Hi,
I use a MOTU 896 with the iBook 500 and Logic Platinum. Works fine in OSx but i still work mainly in OS 9 because all my VST plugs etc dont go to OSx.
If you are mainly doing live recording then most likley IMHO you will need more than two inputs. eg, stereo micing a guitar and using a room mic or if you record a desk mix of a live performance it's very conveniant to subgroup drums and get individuel traks on other instruments esp vocals. chose the 896 because it has trim pots so input gain can be adjusted easily while things are on the fly. It also has its own preamps,so you dont need a mixer to record.Just mics ,laptop and the 896.Another interface is the Metric Halo In Out.
Hope ths helps

--------------------
qaws12
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 13:44
- © MacMusic 1997-2008