MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> M-Audio updates 3 drivers, Computer Hardware
_news_
post Mon 28 Feb 2005, 16:55
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

M-Audio updates 3 drivers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tkt2rde
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 16:33
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,158

Anyone find a solution or work around for using the firewire 410 with Lacie D2 FW800 drives. If I connect my drive(s) to the FW800 bus, the firewire 410 flips out and ends up locking up the system. Does anyone know if this problem is only with Lacie D2 FW800 drives, or is it all FW800 drives? I've thought about trying to connect the 410 to the back of one of the drives, but I am going to wait until I have a blank drive to test it because I don't want the 410 to fry my drives with data on it.

I read somewhere else that people who were having trouble with their iSight were able to have it work by plugging the iSight into the back of the 410... this might work with the D2 drives also, but you would be limited to FW400 then. Again, I think I will try this when I get this other drive cleared off.

Also, I was wondering if any of you using the firewire 410 have experienced the monster turn on thump (signal spike) when you shut-down or power-up your mac. I have two Mackie HR-624 powered monitors connected to outputs 1 & 2, and a Mackie HRS-120 powered sub connnected to ouptuts 3 & 4. I am afraid this is going to damage them because it is so loud, so I go around and power the speakers down before rebooting... a major PITA! Anyone having similar problems or have a better solution... besides throwing the 410 in the crapper and getting something else.

M-Audio really needs to advertise these issues to consumers and let us that bought them without knowing send them in for a refund. Rediculous lack of effort for this price.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 8 Jun 2024, 16:56
- © 440 Forums 2011