MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> What I Am Working W/...what I Need, software for seq./samp.
theoredick
post Tue 14 Oct 2003, 05:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,731

i am fairly new @ the software/production realm,let that be known foremost.i have an imac g3 500 and m-audio firewire 410.as far as instruments go i use live guitar/rhodes/and plan on getting an asr 10.i don't even have monitors yet.
the aformentioned instuments will proborably be the extent of my live playing,i want to use software drums/synths/and various other sounds in the mix as well as samples from vinyl with the live instruments.
WHAT GEAR AND SOFTWARE WILL GET ME HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION...WHAT AM I MISSING...THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF OUT THERE I AM UTTERLY BEWILDERED.ANY ADVICE(and i mean any) WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! thanx-theo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
lepetitmartien
post Tue 14 Oct 2003, 19:25
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Well, I'd say choose a MIDI/Audio sequencer like Performer or Logic (to choose is a relogious affair, already treated a LOT here, look in the getting started forum)

For the samples from vinyl you'll need a RIAA preamp somewhere to correct the signal from the turntable (in any home audio system or available as a separated gizmo (search here)

For additional plugins, save all that has already been said in the forums (you'll find of advice in other threads) it'll help if you could give us a better idea of the kind of soft synths you want.

(And don't SHOUT please, I've just cleaned my ears blink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
boze
post Thu 16 Oct 2003, 20:00
Post #3

Member No.: 24,676

i think the best sw recommendation for a newbie with the kit and generic ambitions you describe is get something like the Logic Bigbox or the Steinberg Studio Case-- something that gives you a sequencing app for recording audio and throws in some basic VSTinstruments to be used to support your live playing. These combinations can get pricey, but it's a better value than buying Cubase, Logic or Protools and then buying instruments separately.

It's a shame-- you could get Reason- it's a good app for starting out but it doesn't record audio. To my knowledge, none of the big DAWs (digital audio workstations) like Logic, Cubase, Performer, and ProTools include the basic synth, sampling, and beat hacking instruments unless you go for pricey starter kits like the Studio Case or whatever....

good luck!

--------------------
Kit: Dual Ghz G4, Vaio 2.6ghz GRV670 notebook. Software: Reaktor, Reason, Ableton Live. Leanings: Laptop performance, jazz guitar, singing.

+Quote Post
gfclef
post Fri 17 Oct 2003, 05:34
Post #4

Member No.: 23,618

I just recently purchased Studio Case. Check out AudioMIDI.com this weekend - great price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 19 Oct 2024, 16:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008