MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Macworld: Apple Introduces Garage Band, Apple
_Dom Martin_
post Sat 17 Jan 2004, 20:42
Post #41

Visitors

QUOTE (donglai @ Jan 7 2004, 02:28)
my burning question is does GarageBand support Firewire audio interfaces?

Yes. It seems to work on my M-Audio FW 410 though I'm still suffering a latency problem on OSX.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_closet PC user_
post Sat 7 Feb 2004, 07:26
Post #42

Visitors

I work for "the man" and he hasn't figured out that MAC/APPLE is the future...so I'm using a PC...however...I'm excited about "GarageBand" - any word that this product will be available for PC users?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 7 Feb 2004, 13:48
Post #43

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

No word at all… and save iTunes Apple maintains a desert for a reason… Also, PCs have a bunch of softs in the same sibling. It wouldn't be an easy move.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
peterkirn
post Sat 7 Feb 2004, 15:59
Post #44

Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 8,113

If I were on a PC, I'd probably pick up something like Fruity Loops, instead: http://www.fruityloops.com/

It lacks GarageBand's simplicity and elegance, but it also does a whole lot GB won't do, even in FL's lighter versions.

And if it's the looping capabilities you're excited about, and you want realtime live looping, go with Ableton Live. Yes, it's $200 more expensive than GB. But if you want to experiment in realtime, improvisationally, with loops, Live is your only choice -- and it's cross-platform.

+Quote Post
stellarSYNTH
post Sat 7 Feb 2004, 17:28
Post #45

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,675

QUOTE (closet PC user @ Feb 6 2004, 23:26)
I work for "the man" and he hasn't figured out that MAC/APPLE is the future...so I'm using a PC...however...I'm excited about "GarageBand" - any word that this product will be available for PC users?

Apple has become very savvy about what things it ports to the PC side. So far, it has only been iTunes which is a way for Apple to sell songs and perhaps iPods to PC users. Steve Jobs has already been quoted as saying that "Selling music on line is not a way for Apple to make money, but it is a great way to sell iPods." and Apple has some very ambitious plans for the iPod becoming a premier mp3 player in both worlds. Check the news boards about HP and Apple wokring a deal for HP to bundle iTunes on all of their new computers and selling iPods in a special "HP Blue" color.

If GarageBand were ported to the PC...PC's users wouldn't have a reason to buy a Mac. Hate to be so blunt about it, but Apple has this issue about selling hardware. unsure.gif

This post has been edited by stellarSYNTH: Sat 7 Feb 2004, 17:32

--------------------
Musique non stop...techno pop.

Dual G4/450 1 Gb RAM iBook G3/500 576 RAM
<blush>
Prophet 2000, Yamaha DX100, Oxygen-8, DSS-330, E-MU Proteus-1, E-MU DancePlanet, Yamaha DX-17, Beringer 802 Mixer, Various Support Gear :: Opcode VisionDSP 4.5.1 SoundStudio :: Amadeus II

Apple Certified Technician

+Quote Post
braj
post Sat 7 Feb 2004, 21:18
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,729

Since Apple stopped Windows development of Logic, I'm pretty sure there will never be a Windows version of GarageBand.

+Quote Post
_GM_
post Sat 14 Feb 2004, 04:30
Post #47

Visitors

I think GarageBand is an amazing app, however, if you don't own a keyboard, you have to stick to the loops. I would suggest that you get the keyboard, THEN JamPack, because you only get a few thousand more loops, whereas with a Piano-like interface, you can create your own. There are hundreds of instruments to choose from, and the keyboard adapts to each one, assigning a not/sound to each key.

GM

+Quote Post
_Guest_
post Wed 28 Jul 2004, 01:58
Post #48

Visitors

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 17 Jun 2024, 16:30
- © 440 Forums 2011