MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terratec Phase 26 USB, a new 24bit/96kHz Audio & MIDI Interface, Computer Hardware
_news_
post Sat 29 Nov 2003, 11:35
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Terratec Phase 26 USB, a new 24bit/96kHz Audio & MIDI Interface
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_Dave_
post Sat 29 Nov 2003, 11:35
Post #2

Visitors

Looks nice, but unable to use it in Logic ver 6 together with an Emagic 6/2 as an audio device! So until I find a solution to enable Logic to see 2 USB audio input devices at the same time remains a very expensive pair MIDI ports. Would appreciate any suggestions.

+Quote Post
_guest_Nico_
post Fri 2 Apr 2004, 18:28
Post #3

Visitors

Have just purchased one of these to replace my Yamaha SW1000XG, (which Yamaha are not going to release OSX drivers for). Plugged it into my G4 10.3.3 and voila...there it was in CoreMidi and CoreAudio. Started Reason...no problems...started Cubase SX...no problems...and then the best bit...the latency with a 64Kb buffer is 3ms. That's in comparison to the 40-odd ms latency on the SW1000XG and the endless fiddling to get the thing to work. So now I don't need the XG synth sounds from the Yamaha because I can play my VST synths in real time. The only thing I miss about the Yamaha card are the effects, which are, undisputably, awesome.

So I can definitely recommend this system to anyone with a G4 (laptops as well as it is USB).

+Quote Post
_guest_Greg_
post Sun 11 Apr 2004, 05:55
Post #4

Visitors

QUOTE (guest_Nico @ Apr 2 2004, 18:28)
Have just purchased one of these to replace my Yamaha SW1000XG, (which Yamaha are not going to release OSX drivers for). Plugged it into my G4 10.3.3 and voila...there it was in CoreMidi and CoreAudio. Started Reason...no problems...started Cubase SX...no problems...

Hi
What version of Cubase SX are you running?

+Quote Post
ernene
post Mon 12 Apr 2004, 15:57
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,190

A friend of mine have it... i went to hos place, conected it to my powerbook G4 running os X 10.3.3 and the same that happened to Nico... no problems with cubase (1.0.5)not even my friend (cubase 2.0.1). ok with reason 2.5, ok with ableton live 3.0.2.
Just two things... a bit of latency playing the guitar through it, and it's USB 1..., so naturely has its limitations...

I preffer M-Audio firewire 410...

Anyway, great soundcard for a good price....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 02:27
- © 440 Forums 2011