MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools HDX ...is it Great?, news
_News_
post Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:15
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Pro Tools HDX ...is it Great?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BobbiStyle
post Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:15
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,387

Dear Avid
Simply put, another complete Avid poop-on-clients escapade.
A/ I agree with MacMusic.org, too much extra investment for just an HDX card
B/ Ummm, shouldn't this be 9.2 update or something? Definitely not enough updates to warrant "10 upgrade", and lets face it, seems Avid just wanted to beat Logic to "10"
C/ Even PT LE is too much since everyone just purchased PT9!!
D/ ANOTHER Plugin format??? Are you kidding!! You should be going in the opposite direction!
E/ Respect for us Users is non-existent <p>F/ It's NOT Logic! LOL (I know, I know...)

Seriously, I ditched my ProTools hardware as soon as this "Upgrade" was spammed at me and invested in an Apogee Symphony and I'm only working with Logic Pro now, and to be honest, have had soo many issues with Avid/PT crap I'm glad to not be a slave to it. It won't be missed by us or any of our studios.

Sincerely
Bobbi Style
CEO/President
https://www.facebook.com/Access2Foundation

This post has been edited by BobbiStyle: Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:25

+Quote Post
dbtucson
post Mon 14 Nov 2011, 17:16
Post #3

Member No.: 118,460

I have the pre-requisites and the cash to make the move but wouldn't do it if my life depended on it. I've been burned so many times by Avid's planned obsolescence in the years when I worked for companies that used Pro Tools and/or Avid video hardware/software that I just won't put a dime in their pockets again.

It's sad that they now own Sibelius. Just made me a Finale user.

Friends don't let friends buy Avid. angry.gif

+Quote Post
jasonlee
post Sun 11 Dec 2011, 05:30
Post #4

Member No.: 64,815

QUOTE (dbtucson @ Mon 14 Nov 2011, 17:16) *
I have the pre-requisites and the cash to make the move but wouldn't do it if my life depended on it. I've been burned so many times by Avid's planned obsolescence in the years when I worked for companies that used Pro Tools and/or Avid video hardware/software that I just won't put a dime in their pockets again.

It's sad that they now own Sibelius. Just made me a Finale user.

Friends don't let friends buy Avid. angry.gif

well said....I will save my money for other things, and will NEVER EVER EVER invest in another Avid/Digi product again. Total waste of money, and the biggest bunch of headaches I've ever had. Logic and Studio One/Live is FANTASTIC as a native platform on the newest computers. I have not hit a "hard track limit" yet, and I work EVERY day on very intensive products. The "Pro Tools" Brand will die a long, ugly, painful (for Avid), tortuous death...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 03:04
- © 440 Forums 2011