MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Native Instruments Discontinuation of the Kore Product Range, news
_News_
post Thu 9 Jun 2011, 01:16
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Native Instruments Discontinuation of the Kore Product Range
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
georgelegeriii
post Thu 9 Jun 2011, 01:16
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,844

Not very cool NI. Take a very special product, and replace it with one that doesn't actually do the same things, and then ask for $449 for the chance to buy a piece of hardware we don't want, ESPECIALLY now that you abandoned the Kore 2 hardware... i just don't wanna take a chance that you will do the exact same thing in a year or so with this piece.Very unhappy!

+Quote Post
tsuliman
post Thu 9 Jun 2011, 13:57
Post #3

Member No.: 10,971

I don't know what they're thinking. I bought the original Kore and soon thereafter they abandoned the audio interface. Kore2 was an "upgrade" even though it had fewer features! Now, they're abandoning the whole thing. It doesn't give me much confidence that NI is going to last much longer.

No thanks on Maschine.

+Quote Post
iLLuMiNaTiCa
post Thu 9 Jun 2011, 19:44
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 79,370

QUOTE (tsuliman @ Thu 9 Jun 2011, 12:57) *
I don't know what they're thinking. I bought the original Kore and soon thereafter they abandoned the audio interface. Kore2 was an "upgrade" even though it had fewer features! Now, they're abandoning the whole thing. It doesn't give me much confidence that NI is going to last much longer.

No thanks on Maschine.

actually Maschine is the best product to date by NI, kore was a cool idea to protect their libraries, but unfortunately it was more trouble then it was worth, even hackers hated it, i say Maschine will stick arund for a few decades, maybe come as a ipad app, which wil reach several hundred thousands users easy if not a million, they nailed down the mpc with Maschine, no more huge and heavy hardware, sounds very good

--------------------
Peace

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 9 Jun 2011, 23:35
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I've read friends on mailing lists already pesting about the move from NI. Kore is not Maschine, and they don't want to change.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
georgelegeriii
post Fri 10 Jun 2011, 00:02
Post #6

Member No.: 16,844

QUOTE (iLLuMiNaTiCa @ Thu 9 Jun 2011, 18:44) *
QUOTE (tsuliman @ Thu 9 Jun 2011, 12:57) *

No thanks on Maschine.

actually Maschine is the best product to date by NI, kore was a cool idea to protect their libraries, but unfortunately it was more trouble then it was worth, even hackers hated it, i say Maschine will stick arund for a few decades, maybe come as a ipad app, which wil reach several hundred thousands users easy if not a million, they nailed down the mpc with Maschine, no more huge and heavy hardware, sounds very good

I couldn't care less about an MPC replacement, period. I have spend about $1000 on the Kore system, be it hardware or software. I actually like what Kore does, the fact that I can make complex presets, have the ability to easily assign parameters for modulation with the controller, and the controllers ability to do midi (regardless of the FACT that the foot switch and pedal inputs don't work and never have, much to my dismay).

Maybe you believe in macshine, good for you, maybe it does what you want it too as well, and again, good for you. As a kore 2 owner, I'm not too pleased to see a working program be tossed aside and then offered what I consider to be a drum programming device. It's like offering someone a apple, and giving them an orange: it's not even close to being the same thing, right?

G

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 12 Jun 2011, 22:51
Post #7

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

For the hard Kore wink.gif users, one solution is to "freeze" the set up as it'll work still. The issue will be only the eventual reinstall as how long will NI assure the authorization service for it?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Marisol
post Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:55
Post #8

Member No.: 117,896

KORE is definitely one of my favorite programs, and, to be honest, so is Maschine. However, this decision leaves me at a loss. Maschine is better than KORE in sense that there is a decent sequencer with automation - that's what KORE obviously lacks, its sequencers are rudimentary. Still the main feature of KORE for me is that all parameters are mapped to the same set of knobs which is really convenient. And also browser. What for knobs, Ableton Live also works like that if you have a control surface, but ability to quickly find the necessary sounds among thousands is unique. So KORE had its own niche and users, and abandoning it is unreasonable. Leave Maschine aside - it is great program (even host now, in 1.6.2) but it is not a substitute for KORE.

+Quote Post
jasonlee
post Thu 21 Jul 2011, 13:25
Post #9

Member No.: 64,815

Nice way to give up, NI. I suffered through the first KORE....that was an AWFUL release, bugged to unusable, and I never ever ever found a reason to implement it, nor did I care to after all of the bad experience. I stupidly had put a lot of faith in NI due to their track record AT THE TIME (what was it, around 2004-2005?), and thought they'd SURELY come up with a workable update VERY SOON.

They did not.

I would like to hear from people with similar experiences. The thoughts of "class action" revolve in my head before NI goes belly up just to get a refund on that original purchase.

Auf Wiedersehn, NI...

+Quote Post
dbtucson
post Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:26
Post #10

Member No.: 118,460

Kore has become my quick synth of choice, largely because it's so easy to find the kind of sounds I'm looking for quickly, and to modify that sound on the fly. I also love the ability to pull up all my Reaktor, Massive, Kontakt and Absynth patches, as well as Kore libraries, and with a double-click be able to tweak those presets from the interface in which they were created. Likewise being able to use all of my audio unit plug ins as effects with Kore, or to "Kore-ize" my other soft synths and samplers, made Kore an incredible piece of power-user technology.

I am also a Komplete user, and generally love what NI puts out there. But I admit, this news is as disappointing and ridiculous as "new Coke." Kore is unique and highly useful, even if the interface was more lights than utility.

I'm sure I will break down before year's end and "upgrade" to Maschine," but I will be using Kore as long as it runs. And I highly suggest NI rethink the decision to scrap Kore, not because I'm resistant to change but for the amazing power under the hood of Kore.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 24 Apr 2024, 20:48
- © 440 Forums 2011