MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WWDC Apple iCloud, OSX Lion, news
_News_
post Tue 7 Jun 2011, 15:12
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

WWDC Apple iCloud, OSX Lion
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Tue 7 Jun 2011, 15:12
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,124

all very nice, but yesterday's announcement email said that MobileMe would be phased out next year. my question is, what will happen to the idisk public page i'm using all the time? and the website that i leverage off my .Mac account? i'm not keen on this whole 'i'm in the cloud' idea in the first place.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 9 Jun 2011, 23:30
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I'm not fond of the cloud this cloud that solution to any problem in the world too. Now the iCloud is sexy for mobile persons who need their desktop everywhere… Even for me, just for the email sync it's worth having a look.

One GREAT point is the sync/update without computer, even with a new iPad or iPhone to sync. At least a little bit of "freedom" from the Mac/PC and from especially from iTunes. And maybe less horror stories about the syncing going bad…

On the transition MobileMe/iCloud, I've read that MobileMe is closed to new members from now on and that the service will be closed by the 30th of June. But I've seen no details upon the actual account move or not. I hope it'll be clearer soon for all the current users.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 12 Jun 2011, 22:20
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

There's been a mail to all MobileMe users. It is closing on the 30th of June, all accounts will be closed then. iCloud will follow this autumn, but what happens to the contents in MobileMe/iDisk, will it be transferred or deleted, will the mails in me.com and mac.com be pushed meanwhile? It's still to be cleared squarely. More news to come then…

Given it's touching to a working service, used by thousand (millions?) of persons, Apple has given only the basic informations (we're closing MobileMe), but not the essential.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 15 Jun 2011, 17:11
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Important thing about iWeb!

iWeb sites may go down or be unmodifiable after 6/30, so back up what can be. It's another blurry zone. The only sure thing is iWeb will be dead somehow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 17 Jun 2011, 14:22
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Latest, Apple started the migration of MobileMe accounts (email semingly) to iCloud.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 28 Jun 2011, 00:33
Post #7

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Apple posted an FAQ, it clears part of the issues.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 08:49
- © 440 Forums 2011