MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why there's something to worry about..., news
_News_
post Thu 16 Dec 2010, 22:54
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Why there's something to worry about...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Thu 16 Dec 2010, 22:54
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,124

this makes no sense, you know that, don't you?

+Quote Post
d-cipher
post Fri 17 Dec 2010, 09:05
Post #3

Maniac Member
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 115,284

QUOTE (houstonmusic @ Thu 16 Dec 2010, 22:54) *

Why? smile.gif
d-cipher

+Quote Post
pjhk
post Fri 17 Dec 2010, 19:44
Post #4

Member No.: 82,653

QUOTE (d-cipher @ Fri 17 Dec 2010, 09:05) *
QUOTE (houstonmusic @ Thu 16 Dec 2010, 22:54) *

Why? smile.gif
d-cipher

To start with, I don't think this is news at all, it is concern and speculation, more suitable to an editorial section or forum thread. That aside, grammar, clarity and allusion could improve a lot. "Is it sensible to be overhasty?" No! by definition! biggrin.gif

We can understand some of what you're trying to say however - am I making a fuss of (exaggerating, blowing out of proportion) this or what? ..But *what* would you be making a fuss of? That is not *clear*, which in this kind of text, it really needs to be.

Now, I know many french does'nt hold the english language in very high regard, but ..please. Give at least your written english a once over, maybe read a novel in english now and then.

"we can wonder whether they will all possible applications for music appear in the online catalog. " ..hell yeah, inspector Clouseau!

"The alleged news that Steve Jobs is said to have decided to move the date...13th"
Basic newscoverage writing: date for, of, what? Include *what* has been moved, *from* where and *to*.

+Quote Post
d-cipher
post Sat 18 Dec 2010, 10:39
Post #5

Maniac Member
Group Icon

[/quote]

To start with, I don't think this is news at all, it is concern and speculation, more suitable to an editorial section or forum thread. That aside, grammar, clarity and allusion could improve a lot. "Is it sensible to be overhasty?" No! by definition! biggrin.gif
Now, I know many french does'nt hold the english language in very high regard, but ..please. Give at least your written english a once over, maybe read a novel in english now and then.

[/quote]
Oh, I see, I have some parts of first translation merged in this text and it make no sense, of course! I apologize.
Ok, I'm going to correct this editorial, but only grammar points...
Inspecteur Clouseau blink.gif

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Sun 19 Dec 2010, 18:20
Post #6

Member No.: 88,124

thanks for the edit. i follow you now. good points, though more of a discussion topic than news.

+Quote Post
blumpy
post Sun 19 Dec 2010, 23:03
Post #7

Member No.: 116,289

I just hope that plugins can be purchased, authorized and updated via the mac store.

The world of iloks, serial numbers, trying to remember which username or email address and passwords you used for various plugin websites just to attempt to obtain an update or reinstall is a hassle.

+Quote Post
pjhk
post Mon 20 Dec 2010, 00:13
Post #8

Member No.: 82,653

Ok, it's better, well done.

I don't think I will support the Mac App Store - if I can purchase directly that's what I'll do. Apple/Mac is to my knowledge the only vendor of integrated computer *systems* for the consumer. They develop the operating system(s) *and* hardware platforms which is *the* contributing factor to the stability and smooth user experience of their products. Good. ..But this tendency to tie in 3rd party contributions and products is starting to stink.

..Very likely though an app will be sold exclusively through the app store, and alternative (existing) channels will be terminated. The idea is to create the go-to place for software on mac. I read that apple will lift a 30% provision on sales through the store. Now, real-world stores and retailers also take their cut, but I'm wondering - comparing internet sales to internet sales, if the developer wants to keep his margin, where will those 30% be shifted? Common experience says customers. Then again, can we expect a 30% price increase? No. Apple would have an empty app store - boxed products (if the app store will carry those) and download versions will keep their respective differences in price.

But.. As capitalism, payment systems, banks and bureacracy goes, they'll squeeze a penny there and there, as always.

Inspector Clouseau? A sympathetic man for the most, though he *always* screw things up in his quest for sophistication and ..prestige?

(that said about Clouseau, not Cipher.)

+Quote Post
d-cipher
post Mon 20 Dec 2010, 17:17
Post #9

Maniac Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (pjhk @ Mon 20 Dec 2010, 00:13) *
Ok, it's better, well done.

I don't think I will support the Mac App Store - if I can purchase directly that's what I'll do. Apple/Mac is to my knowledge the only vendor of integrated computer *systems* for the consumer. They develop the operating system(s) *and* hardware platforms which is *the* contributing factor to the stability and smooth user experience of their products. Good. ..But this tendency to tie in 3rd party contributions and products is starting to stink.

But.. As capitalism, payment systems, banks and bureacracy goes, they'll squeeze a penny there and there, as always.

Inspector Clouseau? A sympathetic man for the most, though he *always* screw things up in his quest for sophistication and ..prestige?

(that said about Clouseau, not Cipher.)

Thank's pjhk smile.gif
I mean your right about Apple's strategy ("But this tendency to tie in 3rd party contributions and products is starting to stink. ")...
So, I hope we will continue to buy music software directly from the editors web site...
D-ClouCipherSeau biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 25 Apr 2024, 07:09
- © 440 Forums 2011