MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Revolutionary New Macs!, news
_News_
post Fri 30 Jul 2010, 16:21
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Revolutionary New Macs!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Fri 30 Jul 2010, 16:21
Post #2

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

We had already over 20 comments for this news , on the french side of MacMusic, in less than 12h.

Most of our audience share the same opinion! What about you guys?

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post
cidsinga
post Fri 30 Jul 2010, 17:58
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,095

Nice well balanced commentary, :-( please get your facts right!

+Quote Post
Pighood
post Fri 30 Jul 2010, 18:21
Post #4

Member No.: 77,279

That is sarcasm. I recognize that.

+Quote Post
bobborries
post Fri 30 Jul 2010, 18:53
Post #5

Member No.: 804

QUOTE (News @ Fri 30 Jul 2010, 07:21) *
Comments about:

The cool thing is that MacPro's only costs 3 times more than the equivalent technology on PC.

Show me a PC that's equivalent for 1/3 the price and I'll buy it right now.

--------------------
Bobbalooo

+Quote Post
fishboisfo
post Sat 31 Jul 2010, 11:59
Post #6

Member No.: 67,641

Then don't buy one . . . all these PC praising, equivocating individuals that have some huge gripe against Apple . . . 3 words: DON"T BUY ONE ! If you're just gonna gripe about price, or how much better and more stable Windows 7 is, or how much "better" ASIO is then just stay the heck out of the Apple Store and go stand in line and mull around with the hoards at Best Buy and the like. Just shut the hell up about how much you dislike Apple products. We're only at 8% of the market ( realistically ). Go make music on a IBM Slate or some giant leaky water-cooled Compaq tower or what ever the hell it is . . . That ought to keep you busy

+Quote Post
Aramis55
post Sat 31 Jul 2010, 13:37
Post #7

Member No.: 114,771

I do not agree at all with this kind of way to give us news .
Facts is what we need .
Please , I do not need your sarcasms .

Aramis55

+Quote Post
Aramis55
post Sat 31 Jul 2010, 14:25
Post #8

Member No.: 114,771

QUOTE (cidsinga @ Fri 30 Jul 2010, 18:58) *
Nice well balanced commentary, :-( please get your facts right!

Well , I have been again on the Dell site and I think that the person that issued this text about the new Mac should quit !

Aramis55

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Sat 31 Jul 2010, 17:09
Post #9

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

Whaou, telling something against Apple current policy seems to be crime, theses days. You are treated to go F.Y. and buy a PC, to make imediate proof of what you're daring to say, to not even think by yourself and express your own opinion, or even to quit immediatly. Why not the capital punishment? rolleyes.gif

Show me a PC that's equivalent for 1/3 the price and I'll buy it right now.

Here is a 15 minutes search at online stores

Quad core computer
- ASUS ASRock X58 Extreme3................182e
- Intel W3530 processor .............................275e
- ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1 Go ..................130e
- Crucial 3GB of 1066 MHz DDR3................90e
- Samsung 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s .............. 60e
- Pioneer DVR-116D.......................................25e
- LaCie PCI (3 x FireWire 800) .....................60e
- Mac like tower case......................................41e
- 500W powersupply .....................................30e

Total 883e
Equivalent MacPro 2400e

===> Ratio 2,72

But please note that for this price i also have 6Gb SATA, USB3 ports, eSata III ports, 1 more PCI port, a 20x superdrive, a SPDIF output , and 8 audio outputs....

Now take the fact that I dont order million of computer parts like Apple do; That I've only spent 15 min to gather theses datas; and balance with the fact that I didn't counted OSX.... and you are near the 3 ratio, if not more....

-------------------

May be the english translation was not as accurate as it should have been (translating irony is really difficult, i'm sorry), but that was not really the point of my news, so please don't argue me that the mac has blblabla... vs this Asus motherborad or vs this computer case or vs this or this....This is simply not the point!

The real point is that this computer is almost the same as the first intel MacPro launched in 2006. 4 years in the computer world, it's a Jurassic age!
Here in Europe the 2010 MacPro is even a bit more expensive than it was in 2006....
I bet the real world benchmarks won't show more than a 10-15% difference (2,66GHz vs 2,8GHz with a faster? bus)

Should we say it's normal, that Apple did not significantly update its Pro computers since 4 year !
Do you really think that this new one is faster/ sexiest or really more advanced than the good old one from 2006? blink.gif
What has really evolved, except Apple's margin? sad.gif

Is it only me, or didn't you notice that since the iPod/iPhone/iPad mania at Apple, both OSX and Apple computers didn't really evolved. At least, they did not evolved as fast as we were used to... angry.gif

But if you want to blindly applause at Apple even when they stagnate, that's perfectly your right: reading the Apple marketing blabla on their site should stay you totally informed. tongue.gif

Otherwise lets talk about this, peacefully cool.gif
If you think there was still an exciting innovation (for the Mac or OSX ) at Apple since 4 year, please express your point of view!

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post
melenko
post Sat 31 Jul 2010, 20:56
Post #10

SuperHero

Member No.: 9,408

Sarcasm or an HONEST point of view of what's happening?????
We, at Macmu are for the majority real Apple's fans, since a long time (about 10 years what does concern myself)ago.
And today, wanting to evolve, I look to those MAC's PRO.
There's nothing that interessed me at all, at that PRICE!
I won't buy any Mac ever if nothing changes.
No new technologies, just a so-called jump in performances. Take a look at un-official benchmarks to be sure of that.
Anyway, there's something else perturbing me at the time, and that is the commercial- industrial strategy of Apple.
Everybody knows the commercial success of the iPhone, the iPod, and now the iPad.
Apple's market's parts jumped from 3 to 8 %, in a very short time, I can assure you I was absolutely proud of that.
BUT, making profits would prompt Apple to not forget what made a real difference.
These days, the "feeling" plus facts is that Apple seems to leave behind what made their success,
faithfulness an loyalty of their first customers, professionals of every board, based on an attractive slogan...
THINK DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!
Those pros and amateurs payed a lot to remain in contact with the brand.
And , for a part of them, maybe all of them, they feel blurted.
Hardware, even if it brings lower benefits, remains a crucial vector to spread softwares.
Apple do not have to count on a decade of development of the commercial secure products (for a while),
that are the i... series products.
History tells us a brand forgetting their essential and differentiating, fundamental targets and culture would be
in danger a day or another.
I dreamed of an Apple/ AC aware of what's going on, and having "visions".

Aramis 55, it's strange you subscribed to Macmu's fora, just a few days ago, after the news!!!!!!!!! smile.gif
As if by chance!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by melenko: Sat 31 Jul 2010, 20:58

--------------------
MacPro dual 2.66 - 8 Go - SL10.6.6- DP 7.2.1 - RME FFCE 800 - URS, Sonnox, Stilwell, Nomad Factory, Kontakt 4.2.2, Trillian, Stylus, EZ drummer, SD2, UVIworkstation, Altiverb - KRK - JBL
Neve 8801 - Brauner - Roland A-37, etc.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 23:30
- © 440 Forums 2011