MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cycling ’74 discontinues Pluggo & Co, news
_News_
post Sat 16 May 2009, 15:03
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Cycling ’74 discontinues Pluggo & Co
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Sat 16 May 2009, 15:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,850

awww! blast.

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 16 May 2009, 16:27
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Why cutting both arms and legs awaiting a product developped by another company that isn't out yet?

Strange… Now there must be a serious economic reason behind this of course, but the whole is disturbing.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Sun 17 May 2009, 05:43
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

As a pluggo user, I am admittedly disappointed. As a Live user, I am kind of excited about the Max for Live app. I guess I can't complain too much since I have been using pluggo for almost 4 years now without any payments for upgrades or updates since my initial purchase. In light of the announcement, I am surprised that they never put any effort to do this anywhere along the line. Who knows?....they may have been able to develop Pluggo to work better had they done so....Pluggo was a great set of tools but, just as often I would try to place a plug on a track and crash Live for reasons that I am still confused about. Let's just hope that Max for Live works just a little bit more efficiently.

www.reverbnation.com/mortalengines

+Quote Post
abcdaniel
post Sun 17 May 2009, 14:51
Post #5

Member No.: 22,159

That sucks. Been waiting for Pluggo support for Max 5. Bought it when it came out with vague vapor promises of Pluggo support later. Crippled, yes, crippled. Really, Cycling, bring it back!

+Quote Post
Arnolfo
post Sun 17 May 2009, 23:52
Post #6

Member No.: 20,713

I'm excited to see Cycling 74 and Ableton provide Pluggo users discounts for Max for Live.
Maybe now I'll be able to afford this "new" version of Max/MSP.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 25 Apr 2024, 08:55
- © 440 Forums 2011