MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Waves of terror..., news
_News_
post Tue 14 Aug 2007, 19:40
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Waves of terror...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
banevt
post Tue 14 Aug 2007, 19:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,332

A bit excessive but I guess that doesn\'t come as a surprise seeing that their prices and update scheme are also a bit excessive.

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Wed 15 Aug 2007, 13:54
Post #3

Member No.: 81,499

Any idea which "major educational establishment" they are talking about?

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
leegrainge
post Thu 16 Aug 2007, 15:28
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 83,805

QUOTE (Jim Hoyland @ Wed 15 Aug 2007, 13:54) *
Any idea which "major educational establishment" they are talking about?

I think it's crazy that the (not that I know who exactly is doing this) bigger companies DO NOT buy this stuff. For people like me, a film sound freelancer whom works his butt off with the small amount of plugs he can afford. Yes I buy mine I don't crack stuff. Some might say why not? I can't compete directly with the bigger post prod. houses. BUT I certainly can add a dimension with my creativity. If my Indie budgets allow, I would get my final mix done in a proper housed studio. I'm glad to know that the places I use don't crazk all they see. Tye try it then they either buy it or dump the plug(s) in the trash.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Sat 18 Aug 2007, 01:08
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

I can't believe that for-profit production houses would actually use cracked plugs. Then again, it all goes back to the weird culture of entitlement that we currently live in. I have heard enough stories about how the programmers at software developers such as Waves work like, 80 to 100 hour weeks: often not even going home to sleep in order to meet deadlines, and cracking their hard work just seems like a slap in the face. I pay for all of my plugs (not that I own any Waves plugs...too expensive) and have been known to "donate" to freeware organizations like
Smartelectronix and Tobybear as I use some of their stuff in my music which I would hope to be profitable one day.

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Sat 18 Aug 2007, 01:08

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Sat 18 Aug 2007, 13:18
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

mortalengines...

I agree with your sentiments 100%. The music community is filled with thieves and wannabees. Their music reflects their abilities. Not only does their so-called music suck everything about it sounds stolen...

The beats, melodies and sounds will never make it. It's a Karma Thang... Impossible to turn evil into good. They can add all the Plug-Ins, etc. to their music, it will always sound like crap... I've occassionally listen to some of the music 440 Members suggest or rave about and it is so weak it's funny...

They steal NASA's Shuttle but can't hide or fly it...

If your music is weak Plug-Ins don't help... Good music must be at the SOURCE. Bad music cannot be made good in the SAUCE. Music is more than Clicks, Double Clicks, Drags and Drops.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 24 Apr 2024, 05:43
- © 440 Forums 2011