MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> USB Guitar by Behringer, Music Hardware
_news_
post Fri 31 Mar 2006, 10:06
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

USB Guitar by Behringer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
doggg powder
post Fri 31 Mar 2006, 10:06
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,975

...will it be possible to record each single string seperately? Otherwise is not interesting for me...

+Quote Post
straydog
post Sat 1 Apr 2006, 11:39
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 53,095

I'm pretty sure sound quality will be quite lousy (if you're after "true" guitar sound anyway). But at approximately 140 euros, it will be a bargain for those who can't afford a guitar-amp-mic combination anyway...

I generally think all the effort companies put into imitating "real" instruments is a bit pointless, since the only way you'll actually have the sound is owning the instrument and the amp itself, but on the other hand I've also been using some cheapo amp sims from time to time, in full awareness that it's a different sound, and got some interesting results....

I think there should be more of improving the actual digital aspect of such an instrument (with technology such as the one mentioned by doggg powder), than trying to make it sound like a 6000? combo...

Now it sounds like a Mesa-Boogie, yeah right biggrin.gif

I still get annoyed I have to record my guitars digitally.. getting a digital guitar from the beginning? Er...no,thanks.

+Quote Post
edge100
post Sat 1 Apr 2006, 23:24
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 43,617

This type of product is the definition of the old adage, 'penny wise, pound foolish'.

I've never been a huge Behringer hater. They've made some ok products (the VAmp2 has some nice amp sims and the VVerb Pro is a GREAT value). But when it comes to an instrument, you are FAR better off making an investment in something decent than spending 140 euros on poor quality. You will NEVER learn on a poor quality instrument, and you'll constantly be making compromises to suit the instrument, and consequently never learning properly.

Even if you are buying a guitar for a beginning guitarist (say a young child), you're better off to buy something decent (even a Mexican Standard Strat is fine and cheap) so the child can learn properly. Instruments hold their resale value fairly well, so even if the child wants to take up the recorder or football or poker next year, you can still make back most of your money on resale.

Oh well.

+Quote Post
doggg powder
post Sun 2 Apr 2006, 12:37
Post #5

Member No.: 67,975

tongue.gif
a bit pricy, but thats what I mean: http://www.rolfspuler.com/

I´m sure Behringer could do his USB Strat for 50 Dollars more with that features... wink.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 3 Apr 2006, 02:23
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Guitars with direct digital out is always puzzling me… I don't know what to think. Is it the "ultimate" level the guitar is going to take, or is it the moment gadget to surf on the digital wave before going back to basics.

I'm more in the school of learn first on a decent instrument, it's rewarding in the end. and a decent instrument is neither the cheap on the block of the old vintage for $$$, it's one sturdy, great on the touch, with a sound you can use and make better by yourself (by being better yourself) and that you can outgrow. And these qualities have nothing to do with the fact it's USB out or not.

I'd be very disturbed if the classical guitars I've used or the harpsichords I've learned on where USB or firewire… laugh.gif (a classic on harpsichord factor booths: people searching the power plug…) But what if these guitars are well made and decent for kids to learn their chords?

I'm still amazed at the price they can reach… And here, I have an ethical problem. sad.gif I think about the people building them.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 4 May 2024, 20:59
- © 440 Forums 2011