MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools 48 tracks with Digidesign Music Production Toolkit, Music Software
_news_
post Thu 26 Jan 2006, 13:40
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Pro Tools 48 tracks with Digidesign Music Production Toolkit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikenienaber
post Thu 26 Jan 2006, 13:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,734

Thanks Digi! Now we can to pay you 500 more dollars for 'options' that are mandatory in other applications, 'special' (half-assed) 'version' synths, just to be up to date in the wonderful 'Protools family'. I'm so excited!!!! eat me

+Quote Post
mixfisto
post Sun 5 Feb 2006, 05:44
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 72,118

Does anyone know when this will be available? Also, How much this will cost for recent buyers of PT LE digi 002 (or Mbox)? And when the cut off date is for "recent buyers"???
thanks

+Quote Post
najman
post Sat 11 Feb 2006, 20:12
Post #4

Member No.: 72,273

Cubase le (150euros) : 48tracks, virtual synths, "beat-detective"... Why spend 500 euros more, for the same specs on "Pro-Fools"?
Do they give a degideseign t-shirt for that money ?

+Quote Post
jetspeak
post Wed 1 Mar 2006, 17:36
Post #5

Member No.: 76,423

I just bought cubase sx3 at christmas time, brand new. New years eve I decided that
I don't have the time to learn a new system, so I'm going back to Logic. I would
love to sell this if I can. I paid six hundred US$ It's yours for $400.

+Quote Post
TheCatman
post Wed 1 Mar 2006, 19:05
Post #6

Member No.: 32,600

Well, as with most things in this life. DAW is a matter of choice. If you don`t like something, change it. That`s all there is to it wink.gif

I think PT is great, and am looking forward to the 500$ upgrade. Than I can push forward the HD upgrade for another year.

The essence of the matter is simply: If you alrready own a PT7 LE rig, for 500$ you can now do even more than before, with imporved functionality and some new tools.
If you don`t lik PT but already own the hardware, just get Logic Pro and use your mbox/002 with that istead.

--------------------
@ home:
iBook G4+FastTrack+Logic 7 - Just for fun

in the studio:
Dual G5+PT7LE+Logic 7+Live+Reason - They Get The Job Done

+Quote Post
tsuliman
post Wed 1 Mar 2006, 21:42
Post #7

Member No.: 10,971

I bought the PT 7 'Plus' upgrade about a month ago for $99. I got PT 7 and DINR. Now they want me to pay $500 for 16 tracks and some plug-ins that they are having trouble selling. No thanks. They should have made this deal available when PT 7 came out or they should credit me the $99 I already spent.

+Quote Post
TheCatman
post Wed 1 Mar 2006, 22:17
Post #8

Member No.: 32,600

Tsuliman: My local retailer told me there would be a special niceprice upgrade available for hose of us who recently got the 7 PLUS upgrade.
I got it too, but i was lucky enough to choose 2 plug-ins thar are NOT included with the new music produciotn toolkit wink.gif (Pulteq and Slightly Rude Comp..) So for me this is a winwin.

But you should check with your digi reseller about secial upgrades for recent pt7 upgraders. my "guy" usually doesn`t lie about stuff like this.
(I`d pay 500$ for a good reverb plug anyways, so I`m really psyched about the TLL plug smile.gif )

--------------------
@ home:
iBook G4+FastTrack+Logic 7 - Just for fun

in the studio:
Dual G5+PT7LE+Logic 7+Live+Reason - They Get The Job Done

+Quote Post
thewatcher
post Fri 10 Mar 2006, 21:18
Post #9

Member No.: 78,014

Digidesign has pulled a fast one for the sake of hype at NAMM 06.

The pro tools 7.1 software is not included; now u must pay 75.00 to upgrade to pro tools 7 which is now an added requirment for the 500.00 toolkit. There is also no discount announced for those that recently purchased the upgrade and it is confirmed that it is already shipping.

Digidesign has made a mockery of everyone who gladly posted Digidesigns press releases at NAMM which can now be considered FALSE ADVERTISING!

Thank goodness for companies like Steinberg, Propellerheads, Motu and Apple who actually stick to the promises in their press releases for well respected shows like NAMM.

This post has been edited by thewatcher: Fri 10 Mar 2006, 21:19

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 24 Apr 2024, 19:49
- © 440 Forums 2011