MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vector Sector, new synth by General Vibe, Virtual Instrument
_news_
post Fri 7 Oct 2005, 20:11
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Vector Sector, new synth by General Vibe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synth Head
post Fri 7 Oct 2005, 20:11
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,979

Good software vs bad customer service.

I checked out the demo and was quite impressed with it. Just awesome.
Went ahead and purchased Vector Sector Mac directly from generalvibe.com.
I was sent a download link but they made a mistake and sent me the download link for PC installer. Can't use it on my Mac.

I've sent several e-mails to support@generalvibe.com but got no reply yet. It's been a few days. I'm actually beginning to wonder if it's that special time to call VISA and PayPal to cancel the payment.

I think I've got enough patience to wait a little bit longer but if they continue ignoring my requests and fail to provide me with what I payed for they're not getting payed.

Damn shame realy because the software is really good. Wish I could say so for their custommer support.

-ED-

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 8 Oct 2005, 00:03
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Email them and make plain you have started in regard to their silence to talk about the problem on the net, keep things civil, it's no use to shout after them, and give them time to answer, it's a small company so it may be overbooked easily.

On the payment, it's up to you to decide. They have only to provide you with a valid link for the mac version. it's not as if the world is going to end, they should answer: "We value your feedback! Please be assured that we will respond to your message as soon as possible (usually within 1 or 2 business days)." If they are really busy/elsewhere, they will come back to you to arrange things in the next few days.

It's difficult enough to launch software (I can tell you) I don't think they want to screw it up. wink.gif

In case, remind me, I'll write to them. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Synth Head
post Sat 8 Oct 2005, 01:08
Post #4

Thanks,
The world is definitely not going to end.
I will wait for a few days I guess. smile.gif

Talked to a few guys over at K-v-R and according to them General Vibe's service is good but a bit on a slow side. Not unusual for any company really.

I just posted to see what others are thinking. Good thing I did because I was getting a little impatient. smile.gif

But as you say, it's difficult enough to launch software so logically General Vibe shouldn't really allow themselves to screw up. So I don't believe their delays and mistakes are intentional.

One thing for sure, I should've picked a different title for this thread and skip the "not paying" part. It's too early for that.

Thanks again,

-ED-

+Quote Post
Synth Head
post Mon 10 Oct 2005, 14:48
Post #5

Well,
THey've provided me with the right linked and apologized for the delay. Indeed. I was just being paranoid.

Well, at least now I can do what I am suppose to. Comment on the plug-in instead of complaining.

It's awesome. That's all I can say for now. Patches work together really well and programming is as easy as it can possibliy be. Filters are very convincing. I'm now going to try to import some of my sysex banks for the VS.

I'm glad I got this thing. Also glad to finally be able to use it. smile.gif

-ED-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 3 Oct 2024, 14:52
- © 440 Forums 2011