MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools updated to v6.9.2cs2, Music Software
_news_
post Thu 4 Aug 2005, 21:16
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Pro Tools updated to v6.9.2cs2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
joegrumble
post Thu 4 Aug 2005, 21:16
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,471

I can't record anything. I can't use my mics. I can't use the copy of Protools i bought and upgraded twice. For those of us who shelled out the cash for the mBox in the first place, plus the latest 2 updates before 6.9.2, this is the last straw. I have been waiting for the coreaudio update so i can use my mBox again for 3 months now and their original promise of a coreaudio driver release in July has been solidly broken at this time (4 Aug. 2005). If they're trying to get people to upgrade from 6.4 to 6.9 ($75) then it's a pretty passive aggressive and ill-advised business strategy that will only serve to futher alienate their customers. And to tell me i "can't" upgrade to Tiger because it will break my mBox is acceptable for about the first 2 weeks after Tiger was released. But as of today, it's been 3 months! (Tiger released Friday, 29 April, 2005) Digidesign has effectively inserted themselves into my decision-making process about when i can upgrade my computer and in my opinion, that's irritating at best and passive-aggressive and/or manipulatively inept at worst. No company should expect to force their lazy response time on their paying customers without consequences. I'm actively looking for alternatives as this is not the first time Digidesign has been so incompetently tardy with a software update. Speaking as a professional musician, I will not recommend or use their products again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:58
- © 440 Forums 2011