MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SonicWORX for free, Music Software
_news_
post Mon 25 Apr 2005, 13:20
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

SonicWORX for free
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
meta22
post Mon 25 Apr 2005, 13:20
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,065

I f#@$%n' bought that!

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Mon 25 Apr 2005, 17:14
Post #3

Member No.: 12,850

sorry about that. But kudos to them for making it available to anyone to whom it might be useful after its commercial worth is largely gone.

Unfortunately playback of audio stutters really badly in Classic for me. Does it work in classic emulation for anyone else?

This would be great for anyone still using 9.

This post has been edited by arvidtp: Mon 25 Apr 2005, 17:17

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
azusa
post Tue 26 Apr 2005, 11:09
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,031

Oh yes. I finally can afford it. smile.gif

There is nothing like reverb removal.

+Quote Post
neuronaut
post Wed 27 Apr 2005, 08:30
Post #5

Member No.: 64,824

QUOTE (arvidtp @ Apr 25 2005, 16:14)
Unfortunately playback of audio stutters really badly in Classic for me.

Make sure you download the OS X ASIO driver from http://www.prosoniq.com/html/drivers.html as described in the Prosoniq FAQ at http://products.prosoniq.com/cgi-bin/regis...howfaq&refno=11 for the playback to work more smoothly in OS X!

--smb

+Quote Post
neuronaut
post Wed 27 Apr 2005, 08:50
Post #6

QUOTE (arvidtp @ Apr 25 2005, 16:14)
Unfortunately playback of audio stutters really badly in Classic for me.

Make sure you download the OS X ASIO driver from http://www.prosoniq.com/html/drivers.html as described in the Prosoniq FAQ at http://products.prosoniq.com/cgi-bin/regis...howfaq&refno=11 for the playback to work more smoothly in OS X!

--smb

+Quote Post
meta22
post Wed 27 Apr 2005, 12:32
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 13,065

Don't get me wrong....I also think that it's great that ProSoniq has taken a truly progressive step! I wish others that have abandoned progs like SonicWorx would follow...A full version of OS 9 Spark XL would be nice... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Wed 27 Apr 2005, 17:24
Post #8

Member No.: 12,850

thanks for the tip-off - though they refer you to a screenshot for the setup in audio prefs that i cannot find. Oh well - I'll figure it out. I think you need to turn buffering off or else it starts skipping, or looping actually in big chunks after about 1 min of playback. Cool!

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
neuronaut
post Thu 28 Apr 2005, 10:55
Post #9

There's a new audio driver for OS X Classic available as of today, see http://news.prosoniq.com . The screenshot in the Readme isn't visible in TextEdit (because it doesn't interpret the old SimpleText format right) but it should be visible in WorldText.

Basically it says you should set the options to Sample Rate=44100, Disk Block Size = 32k, Read-Ahead Time=1s, Processing=50% buffered. Works fine for me (OS 10.3.9), at least with the new 0.9 driver from the Prosoniq site.

--smb

+Quote Post
TheLoneRoger
post Fri 29 Apr 2005, 11:17
Post #10

Member No.: 2,869

I've downloaded the new driver and found that it works fine, so long as you don't use any realtime plugs - the compressor seems to be on by default, so turn it off and it plays back smoothly.
More worryingly for me, it crashes as soon as i hit the 'Open' file command, so i can only get it to run if i boot it by drag n' drop.
It's still a great piece of software though - I'd even boot into OS 9 for it, if I had to ;-)
Top marks to Prosoniq for distributing it free AND for taking the trouble to create a driver for Classic. Let's hope more software vendors follow their example.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 22:57
- © 440 Forums 2011