MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minimonsta demo is available, Virtual Instrument
_news_
post Fri 25 Feb 2005, 13:08
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Minimonsta demo is available
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nickoz
post Fri 25 Feb 2005, 13:08
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,697

Sounds fantastic, but what a CPU hog!. With a dual 2.5 G mac, some patches result in one whole processor being used in Logic 7 for one or two notes.

Anyone else finding the same?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 26 Feb 2005, 01:57
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

We have reports of some install problems on some configs (like MAX/msp as host, or RTAS), it'll be cured soon since the guys at ohmforce are busy like ants on it (we are proud to have them as members wink.gif

Not installed here (yet) so I can't tell you, but you're the first to talk about this issue…

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
vank
post Mon 28 Feb 2005, 03:33
Post #4

Member No.: 58,786

Yes a giant CPU Hog smile.gif But I really like the concept of quality over quantity...We all know theat the Ohmforce people know what they are doing and it does sound Phantastic. Best Moog emulation I ever heard and I've got one to compare ;-)

This is one synth that makes me want to part with my money and that's about the first time a softsynth does....

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Sun 13 Mar 2005, 22:41
Post #5

Member No.: 62,323

I'm new here, and just read about this soft synth. I have been playing for nearly 40 years and am just getting into the soft synth arena. I have a mini and a source but both are not the most reliable while playing live. I watched the video on G-Media's site with Rick Wakeman, my question is how easy would this to play in a live situation? I am used to fiddling with controls as I play but never a computer.

+Quote Post
jerohm
post Tue 22 Mar 2005, 22:56
Post #6

Member No.: 52,630

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Feb 26 2005, 00:57)
We have reports of some install problems on some configs (like MAX/msp as host, or RTAS), it'll be cured soon since the guys at ohmforce are busy like ants on it

There's a new version available on the site (www.gforcesoftware.com) since yesterday. It would be worth to check it out for those experiencing problems!

Cheers,

Jerome

This post has been edited by jerohm: Tue 22 Mar 2005, 23:20

--------------------
Jerome Noel
Ohm Force - Best audio plugins

+Quote Post
jerohm
post Tue 22 Mar 2005, 23:15
Post #7

Member No.: 52,630

QUOTE (bubbles @ Mar 13 2005, 21:41)
I'm new here, and just read about this soft synth.  I have been playing for nearly 40 years and am just getting into the soft synth arena.  I have a mini and a source but both are not the most reliable while playing live.  I watched the video on G-Media's site with Rick Wakeman, my question is how easy would this to play in a live situation? I am used to fiddling with controls as I play but never a computer.

Of course, it's difficult to play *and* use the mouse at the same time. That's why we introduced the Melohman technology, which is basically a dedicated octave on your keyboard you can use to change the sound. Each Minimonsta patch consists in reality in 12 different "sub-patches", each one corresponding to one of the twelve keys of the melohman octave. You can then use this special octave to morph while you play. The morphing time is velocity dependent.

You can use those twelve slots to do simple things, such as changing the cutoff, emphasis or enveloppes times, but also to more complicated things. You can indeed change all the parameters at the same time (which is in this regard more powerfull than tweaking one knob at a time with your free hand!)

Cheers,

Jerome

--------------------
Jerome Noel
Ohm Force - Best audio plugins

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 25 Apr 2024, 21:41
- © 440 Forums 2011