MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ReNoise beta 1 available, Music Software
_news_
post Wed 10 Nov 2004, 03:29
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

ReNoise beta 1 available
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tunepoet
post Wed 10 Nov 2004, 03:29
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,777

I sincerely envy guys who know how to make something like this thing work. Over MY head, and then some.

+Quote Post
RegHater
post Wed 10 Nov 2004, 05:00
Post #3

Member No.: 31,920

Are they insane? What kind of UI is that?

+Quote Post
tunepoet
post Fri 12 Nov 2004, 03:11
Post #4

Member No.: 19,777

It is like HTML for musicians, for folks who want to get deeper than the WYSIWYG "What You See Is What You Get" approach to modern music making.

Instead of recording virtual audio files onto virtual sequencer tracks, you are coding virtual audio files on virtual code sequencer tracks. If that is an apt metaphor. It is very simple in theory, very complex in practice.

Probably pretty straight forward when you understand the basic flow of information. Still seems daunting though. You gotta have passion for this kind of thing to really work to make sense of it. But my hat goes off to those with said passion.

+Quote Post
Vincent Online
post Fri 12 Nov 2004, 03:37
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 54,793

Might be a great program, but it just made my eyes bug out at first... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
conner_bw
post Wed 17 Nov 2004, 19:19
Post #6

Member No.: 55,136

It's not that hard people... check out this wiki:

http://tutorials.renoise.com/

If sequencing is end result of the flow of data, then once you get the hang of it, a "modern" tracker is orders of magnitude easier to use than a WYSIWYG.

Would you waste hours of your time painting your data into a spreadsheet because it's easier? Sure, music isn't a spreadsheet... but it is also neither a paint program.

Just because a program is, at first, easier to use doesn't mean it's better. Once you get the flow (see above wiki) this kind of solution is unbeatable in terms of speed and flexibility for many aspects of sound creation.

WYSIWYG has it's place, but that paradigm applied to all aspects of production is overkill. Your eyes are not your ears and your mouse is not a knob or a fader.

Thank you for your time. Respect to all.

+Quote Post
Maharajah
post Thu 9 Dec 2004, 12:38
Post #7

Member No.: 56,362

And now that its on the MAC OSX all you big fancy producer types will actually try it.... maybe laugh.gif

Seriously tho, this is powerful stuff, very simple piano roll style sequencing with perfectly timed effect envelopes fully supporting VSTi's! It's a lot simpler then it looks, read half the tutorial and you'll know your way around enough to start composing. At $45 this is a steal.

+Quote Post
citypigeon
post Thu 24 Feb 2005, 15:40
Post #8

Rookie

Member No.: 60,699

i've just upgraded from a G4 OS9 to a G5 OSX- i've been wanting a decent tracker ever since i went from amiga to mac - bought playerpro 5 and although it is a tracker it was missing all the things that made a tracker what it was (for me), like keyboard shortcuts, low CPU usage, and overall extremely little need for the mouse - i could do most things in octamed without looking at the monitor (i mean tv)....

so for the last 5 years i've been using logic and currently on logic 7pro with 2 x 17nich screens - its really nice but i've never been as at home with it as i was with octaMED on the amiga.... is renoise finally gonna get me back to trackerland? - do you reckon they'll ever support rewire either?

i've not got on the internet at home yet so not yet got the demo but i will soon- how are the shortcuts? and are the command lines similar to the good old amiga days? (201 to pitch down one unit and C64 for full velocity etc.?)

+Quote Post
divan
post Sun 27 Feb 2005, 18:33
Post #9

Rookie

Member No.: 37,222

citypigeon; just had a quick view to this software and it gave a very trusted feeling to me - looks very similar to the latest tracker on the amiga side as i used them (digibooster eg.) - including the dsp-emulation. it took quite a long time until we got this kind of music-making tool on the mac side. only drawback for me is that cpu usage istn that low, well at least for my good old PB G3 333. had around 60% cpu usage with the oriental demo-song. shouldn't be a big problem for your g5. its quite a long time ago so im not shure about the keybd. shortcuts...
anyway, looks very promising to me...

--------------------
-dv-

+Quote Post
citypigeon
post Thu 17 Mar 2005, 19:26
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 60,699

got myself a demo downloaded - it is good, actually surprisingly stable aswell, not crashed once and has no problem with all my VSTs..... i can see it is maybe a little CPU hungry, but i'm lucky enough to have a dual 2G G5 so no problem there

keyboard shortcuts are similar enough to ocatmed for me to get going without a manual but when i get on the internet i'm registering for the manual cos there's stuff i have yet to figure out

i don't know how much i'll be using logic now... (if only renoise supported rewire.....)

cheers for the help

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 02:01
- © 440 Forums 2011