MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools 6.7 upgrades, Music Software
_news_
post Wed 27 Oct 2004, 15:03
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Pro Tools 6.7 upgrades
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abcdaniel
post Wed 27 Oct 2004, 15:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,159

Fees?!?
Things that might have made me pay for the upgrade:

*Freeze function for plug-ins
*Distributed computing
*Nonlinear history
*More included quality plug-ins
*Better cpu efficiency

Otherwise it sounds like a great upgrade, but pay for it?!? Nah...

*And of course offline bouncing (digi, the model t ford)

+Quote Post
bbmozee
post Wed 27 Oct 2004, 17:55
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 9,688

75 bucks for a dot one update? WTF? It's getting to the point where I don't like supporting 2 companies anymore--I'm going to turn into an exclusive Logic user, and godspeed Apple! BTW Digi--M-Audio interfaces smell funny. What was so bad about the Mbox?

+Quote Post
td3k
post Thu 28 Oct 2004, 21:43
Post #4

Member No.: 16,354

"- Pro Tools LE 6.7 is a free update for Pro Tools LE system owners who purchased PT systems on or after September 25

-Other owners can purchase the Pro Tools LE 6.7 upgrade for $75."

You see Apple... This is how it is done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nreyes
post Fri 29 Oct 2004, 11:43
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 33,075

td3k......No, this is NOT the way forward either. Not sure when you started using ProTools, but a 1 month grace period is hardly fair.

My colleague purchased a 002R / Powerbook in the first week in September and he is not entitled to a free upgrade, despite buying the "latest" 6.4LE software in good faith.

In my own case, I purchased Pro Tools 6 during the flurry of activity a year ago (with everything moving to OSX) and yet the 6.0LE release failed to deliver a number of features (which are suddenly introduced in 6.7 - long overdue, not essentially NEW FEATURES as such).

All this smacks of having to pay regular charges for using Pro Tools LE software. Just like the criticisms aimed at Apple, I don't think Digi are any different. They just steal your money progressively rather than in one go..........

+Quote Post
td3k
post Fri 29 Oct 2004, 16:34
Post #6

Member No.: 16,354

You know... I have taken inventory of many of our comments (my own included) pertaining to upgrades, Digidesign, Logic, etc. and I have come to the conclusion, that we all sound like a bunch of cry-babies.

So now, lets stop whining about upgrades and get back to the business of making tracks. Remeber that? We are trying to make music here. I think sometimes it's too easy to get pulled into the tech aspect and forget our real purpose in the first place. (Besides, I don't think the $uits that set the price$ for upgrade$ are reading these forums anyway!)

Let's stop crying and make some freaking music, (with my 6.4 versions of PTLE and Logic) I am.

That concludes my rant...

This post has been edited by td3k: Fri 29 Oct 2004, 16:37

--------------------

+Quote Post
abcdaniel
post Sat 30 Oct 2004, 11:10
Post #7

Crybaby maybe... I will not pay for this upgrade anyhow. I´ll just keep crying. ;(
It is no biggie, I can make music with PTwhatever and I like it, but PT is a bit lagging with some features, and it feels somewhat uninspiring if they charge customers for features that are just bringing PT on par with other daw software. It would feel better if they introduced a super extra unheard of feature simultaneously. Maybe a fresh new plugin?

...and I really hope that digi will make a lowlatency driver for the mbox SOON! But that is different cry for the weeping.

+Quote Post
sahara
post Sun 31 Oct 2004, 07:50
Post #8

Rookie

Member No.: 30,936

QUOTE (td3k @ Oct 29 2004, 15:34)
You know... I have taken inventory of many of our comments (my own included) pertaining to upgrades, Digidesign, Logic, etc. and I have come to the conclusion, that we all sound like a bunch of cry-babies.

So now, lets stop whining about upgrades and get back to the business of making tracks. Remeber that? We are trying to make music here. I think sometimes it's too easy to get pulled into the tech aspect and forget our real purpose in the first place. (Besides, I don't think the $uits that set the price$ for upgrade$ are reading these forums anyway!)

Let's stop crying and make some freaking music, (with my 6.4 versions of PTLE and Logic) I am.

That concludes my rant...

Inventory? Sounds like a 12 step program..
To the others..I don't think the cost is very much at all.. You guys should have all owned studios 10 years ago or more and had to buy PT with 4 trk for 10k.. Then you would be pissed.. You all sound very spoiled and don't seem to have much to do, ..like right the music you say you want to make. It's not about "tech" either, it's a about just getting on with it period and not reacting to little stuff.. If I did that, I would not have any clients.
Now I remember why I don't read this stuff..
I'm out..
BTW..Protools 6.7
My update from PT 6.4 is free..What's the big deal..?

--------------------

+Quote Post
abcdaniel
post Sun 31 Oct 2004, 09:11
Post #9

Yeah, I´ve pretty much run out of steam on this issue too.

It´s just that you invest in a platform, wether it is logic or protools or something else, and then you are pretty much stuck with that, if you are on a budget. You make a projection on what to expect for the future from this platform, evolvement of the concepts you like, compatibility with future OS´s, upgrades and driver improvement... and then you are getting milked for your cash to get that. That sucks. Or the platform fails to deliver compatibility and good drivers. Or you have to pay for it. That sucks too. Especially if it is something needed, but nothing special.
Of course initially you´re a bit irritated.

But f*** it. I´m comfortable being legacy, hehe.

And really the upgrade wasn´t that expensive, if you really want/need those functions. Just irritating.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 09:34
- © 440 Forums 2011