MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> XO Wave beta 7, Music Software
_news_
post Sat 23 Oct 2004, 04:31
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

XO Wave beta 7
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Sat 23 Oct 2004, 04:31
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,850

Often the menus in this app will stop responding randomly until it it restarted. But, I just figured out that if you go to preferences and change the appearance to something other than Mac OS X style, the menus will be in each window, (X11/windows style) and will always work. And if the main menu bar for the app stops responding, then all you lose it the ability to open prefs until you restart the app. (you also lose quit, but that can be done by closing all windows)

I think people who are just looking for a multi-tracker might find this interesting, though I cannot comment on overall stability yet. It tries to be very pro tools-ish, while being free and not needing proprietary hardware. Although it is nowhere near as polished, XO wave may become the "Pro Tools Free" of Mac OS X. But now that all macs ship with Garageband, i feel like there is not such a big demand for such a thing. Man, if my first mac (after the Apple IIGS, that is) shipped with something like garageband, I would have gone crazy! As it was, Pro tools free 5 was my intro to computer music, and a good one it was. Hats off free/cheap DAW software!!

This post has been edited by arvidtp: Sat 23 Oct 2004, 04:41

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 07:43
- © 440 Forums 2011