MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rax 1.1, Music Software
_news_
post Wed 25 Aug 2004, 09:42
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Rax 1.1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_Helge_
post Wed 25 Aug 2004, 09:42
Post #2

Visitors

I am very pleased with Rax. I bought it a few weeks ago, because I was unhappy with Steinberg's V-Stack. Rax has a nice, uncluttered GUI that always shows you where you are and what you're doing.

What I really like plenty is that Rax also features a DLS/SoundFont player (using OSX's built-in sf capabilities). I've started converting my samples to the SoundFont format, because I figured that using them through Rax is much more stable than using any VST/AU Plugin (the software samplers I tried all crash every few minutes when used in a live situation). Reliability is what I need live on stage :-)

If I had a wish for a future version of Rax, it would be: 1. to be able to minimize the mixer (it's not really needed all the time, once you adjusted your levels), 2. Some MIDI processing functions (like what MIDIPipe does), and 3. some documentation, what the MIDI mapping really does and what exactly it is you save, when you save ;-)

Thanks for this great and affordable product!

Helge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 04:24
- © 440 Forums 2011