MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Metro : bugfixes again !!, Music Software
_news_
post Thu 22 Jul 2004, 16:23
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Metro : bugfixes again !!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Metro SE
post Thu 22 Jul 2004, 16:23
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,523

This is more than just bug-fixes, these pre-releases address user issues and implement user requests in a timely manner which takes some larger companies several months or even years to do!

+Quote Post
gkdoty
post Thu 22 Jul 2004, 19:08
Post #3

Member No.: 10,159

I THINK METRO IS ONE OF THE MOST UNDERATED APPLICATIONS AVAILIBLE.IT IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM!!!
ROCK SOLID AUDIO AND MIDI.
THE SUPPORT IS FANTASTIC. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM GET IN
TOUCH WITH JEREMY AT SAGAN TECHNOLOGIES AND HE WILL GET YOU UP AND RUNNING OR IF IT IS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM IT WILL BE IMEDIATELY ADDRESSED.
IT IS A EASY PROGRAM TO USE AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM
UNDERSTANDING THE METRO FORUM WILL HELP YOU THROUGH.

THANKS JEREMEY AND ALL AT SAGAN TECH!!!

GARY K. DOTY SR.

--------------------
1.25mhz MacMini--OS X 10.4.3-Metro 6.3.3--M-Audio keystation 49e--Oxygen 8 Controller--M-audio Firewire Solo--Fernandez Strat--Fender Jazz Bass--Fender Precision bass--Epiphone Acoustic--Roland MA-12 Micro Powered Monitors

+Quote Post
eluxtria
post Fri 23 Jul 2004, 09:28
Post #4

Member No.: 19,468

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK.

EXPLAIN WHY IT IS SUCH A GREAT APP. WHAT WERE YOU USING BEFORE. WHY IS THIS BETTER. WHY WOULD YOU CALL IT PROFESSIONAL? WHAT ARE YOU USING IT TO DO?

This post has been edited by eluxtria: Fri 23 Jul 2004, 09:30

+Quote Post
gkdoty
post Fri 23 Jul 2004, 15:40
Post #5

Member No.: 10,159

Before I used Logic and Cubase They are fine programs in there own right.
I had been using Metro 5 Midi program which has been around since the 1980fs and is a very good midi program.
At the time I had just gotten an eMac with OS X 10.2 on it and wanted to use
OS X for all songwriting demos. Every program that worked on OS X was way out of my price range.
Then I found out that I could upgrade from Metro 5 to Metro 6 for less than I could buy another Program, so I upgraded to Metro 6.
Then I found that it had all the features I needed and more, and was very easy to use
up to 64 audio tracks
Each track can have its own effect chain, made up of VST effects and/or AudioUnits (OS X only) and all effects can be automated.
Eight aux busses
the use of soundfonts which can be dowloaded for free in most cases
which opens up to alot of different sound modules.
I like being able to mix midi tracks to audio including mixing of effects and direct exporting to MP3fs.
Plus Metro 6 is a small program only 3.6 megs.
The support of this product is fantastic. If I had a problem I can address it and will usually hear back the same day with a solution.
This is just my humble opinion.

Gary K. Doty Sr.

I have been playing professionally since 1967.

--------------------
1.25mhz MacMini--OS X 10.4.3-Metro 6.3.3--M-Audio keystation 49e--Oxygen 8 Controller--M-audio Firewire Solo--Fernandez Strat--Fender Jazz Bass--Fender Precision bass--Epiphone Acoustic--Roland MA-12 Micro Powered Monitors

+Quote Post
eluxtria
post Sun 25 Jul 2004, 07:48
Post #6

QUOTE (gkdoty @ Jul 23 2004, 14:40)
Before I used Logic and Cubase They are fine programs in there own right.
I had been using Metro 5 Midi program which has been around since the 1980?fs and is a very good midi program.
At the time I had just gotten an eMac with OS X 10.2 on it and wanted to use
OS X for all songwriting demos. Every program that worked on OS X was way out of my price range.
Then I found out that I could upgrade from Metro 5 to Metro 6 for less than I could buy another Program, so I upgraded to Metro 6.
Then I found that it had all the features I needed and more, and was very easy to use
up to 64 audio tracks
Each track can have its own effect chain, made up of VST effects and/or AudioUnits (OS X only) and all effects can be automated.
Eight aux busses
the use of soundfonts which can be dowloaded for free in most cases
which opens up to alot of different sound modules.
I like being able to mix midi tracks to audio including mixing of effects and direct exporting to MP3?fs.
Plus Metro 6 is a small program only 3.6 megs.
The support of this product is fantastic. If I had a problem I can address it and will usually hear back the same day with a solution.
This is just my humble opinion.

Gary K. Doty Sr.

I have been playing professionally since 1967.

Logic Express has all of those things and far more and costs $199.

Plus you get Emagic's legendary plug-ins and instruments. Have you thought about checking it out? I mean, its a powerful and dare I say, easy to use tool for songwriting.

OS X comes with a free, built-into the OS, DSL Soundfont player which works in any AU host.

In fact, using Logic will make it easier for you to take your demo songs and professionally finish them in a bigger, more advanced studio. You can even use Logic Pro with ProTools. And of course, Logic Pro opens up the Logic express instruments.

Have you ever thought of getting into the software business? Your reply reads like the text on the back of a product box. Perhaps you missed your calling in life. ;-P

best regards,

lux

+Quote Post
Metro SE
post Sun 25 Jul 2004, 14:33
Post #7

Member No.: 20,523

Lux,

Perhaps Emagic is paying you?

Have you tried to get tech support from them? If you find a bug in their software, how long before they release a new version that fixes it? Are they open to user feature requests in a way that is measurable?

Have you thought about those factors?

+Quote Post
jessone
post Mon 26 Jul 2004, 17:15
Post #8

Member No.: 42,954

Emagic isn't paying me either and I've found their U.S. tech support to be very helpful. As far as bugs - haven't found any. Logic is a geat product built for the Mac and owned by Apple. It can only get better.

+Quote Post
scoot
post Sun 8 Aug 2004, 23:00
Post #9

Member No.: 33,329

HI Lux.

Logic is so cheap.
Shame you have to purchase a wrapper to install your VST plugins. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
eluxtria
post Mon 9 Aug 2004, 16:58
Post #10

QUOTE (scoot @ Aug 8 2004, 22:00)
HI Lux.

Logic is so cheap.
Shame you have to purchase a wrapper to install your VST plugins. rolleyes.gif

I don't work for Emagic, but I do know a lot about various sequencers. I don't know much about Metro other than its primitive (macromedia?) version.

Emagic tech support has always been brilliant actually. They know so much about the program its staggering. I've never been able to stump them when trying to work out a process to do a particular task.

Regarding VST support. I used to have very mixed feelings about this. Coming from OS9, VST was the only game in town really. I always felt it was pretty much hated by hosts programmers, and loved by plug-in programmers. When I heard Apple was creating yet another plug-in format, I was not so happy either. But now that I've had time to learn how it works, and to see the bigger picture. I realize that it doesn't matter who makes the plug-in format, its all about the individual plug-ins themselves. 95% of these plug-ins are available as Audio Units so I don't give a sh*t about VST anymore. In fact, I'm very happy that all MOTU and Emagic have embraced Audio Units exclusively. It means that developers are now paying attention to AU as a format and taking it seriously. It also means that Steinberg no longer can use our plug-ins as a strategic advantage for their own self-interests.

If you want to know more about this business consipiracy, ask Art Gilespi at Bitshift/Glaresoft. He's the one who made me a believer.

Audio Units are definitely superior in all but one way. They are _not_ cross platform, which is really the only negative point I can see. Programmers will have to make two separate versions of their plug-ins if they want to support Audio Units. The good news is that the Audio Units could be more useful if the programmer takes advantage of its additional functionality.

ok, now I am rambling on..

Getting back to Metro.. does it have a notation view / editor? I know Logic Express ($199) does and so does Digital Performer ($499).

Its nice to know that for under $500 you can get so much digital audio power.

lux-

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 22:26
- © 440 Forums 2011