MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> From PC to Mac, Article
_articles_
post Sat 29 May 2004, 07:49
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

From PC to Mac
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_photoshop rick_
post Sat 29 May 2004, 07:49
Post #2

Visitors

I can do anything on a mac. Mac user since 1990. I can do anything you can do, better.
I would like to challenge you. I feel good about Macs. I fix anything because I can see where it is and therefore, I can find it in the computer and fix it. Keep it simple and you it will run faster with less crashes. the Classic os 9.1
Thank you for trying macs.

+Quote Post
vrice
post Mon 28 Jun 2004, 06:40
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,775

i applaud the strides you've made on an iMac- i would never even attempt to make music with mine.
and i am a true mac believer, would never think of going down the pc way for music.
games, however....thinking of getting a pc just for playing around, they're good for that!

--------------------
-Victor

+Quote Post
papisax
post Sun 4 Jul 2004, 17:34
Post #4

Member No.: 40,568

I switched from PC to Mac two years ago. Initially I felt the same way as you did. The switch is not simple because it is a different platform. My mom a PC user since the Tandy TL 1000 days also switched and encountered the same problems.

After learning the OS and the Mac platform I can swear to you that is it the most stable, solid computer platform that I have ever worked on! I have not troubles with it! I have DP 4.12, Logic Pro, NI Komplete2, Triology, Reason, and other software. They all integrate seemlessly and I spend all of my time creating. On the PC I had to fiigure out what my limitations were and be cautious when doing a project. This does not exist on a Mac.

Also what is beatiful about the Mac platform is this: there is no registry that can be easily corrupted. You can install programs over themselves, instead of having to use an unisntaller(which does not always work!), if you need to reinstall the OS it keeps all your files intact:in XP Windows moves your files when you have to reinstall the OS, and there are other Mac trouble shooting things that you can do without calling tech support (throwing out Preference files, verifying dis permissions, and using utilties such as Disk Warrior).

My advice is have patience. Learn the OS. Dig in deep and start composing on your Mac. In the end you will be elated!

Papisax

+Quote Post
_Disillusioned_
post Tue 13 Jul 2004, 09:21
Post #5

Visitors

Makes you wonder why no one buys Macs if they're so good huh rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
papisax
post Tue 13 Jul 2004, 16:23
Post #6

Member No.: 40,568

The Reason why people do not buy Macs is because we are all conditioned. I always thougth Macs were better but I was too afraid to jump PC to Mac because of incompatability problems between the two platforms. After switching I found out that Macs are cross-compatible. I have had not problems using files from a Mac on any PC.

Microsoft has monopolized the computer industry. Companies are not writing programs for the Mac platform anymore. Although Apple makes great machines, they do not market their products effectively.

Take care,

Papisax

+Quote Post
vrice
post Tue 13 Jul 2004, 17:23
Post #7

i honestly think what matters most(or first) to folks, when deciding what will be their first computer, is what they can afford and what they will get for that money. PCs are a much more affordable entry into the computer world.
the value of a Mac is not easy for a newbie to grasp.

--------------------
-Victor

+Quote Post
Presto
post Sat 14 Aug 2004, 14:20
Post #8

Maniac Member

Member No.: 3,984

This article IS to do with Pc to Mac switching, BUT concerning making music.

There have been many man-hours (man-millenaries would be nearer the truth) spent on the general PC-Mac debate - even on macmusic.org wink.gif Would you believe it? sad.gif

Use the search button up on the right smile.gif but I warn you the debate gets very boring well before the hundredth page. If I remember correctly it got truncated a bit less than a thousand years ago biggrin.gif

Try ageing cheese and wine instead. Yum!

Still it would be very interesting to hear if any macmusicians became pcmusicians wink.gif Pragmatic people do switch if they think its useful.

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)

+Quote Post
vrice
post Sun 15 Aug 2004, 05:43
Post #9

i spend half my time in Brasil where PCs are the norm, even in studios. with an import tax of 60%(!), Macs are usually out of the question for less-than-expensive studios in Brasil.
returning to the subject of MUSIC (well stated, Presto), my favorite application on the PC platform is Nuendo. i think it is pretty graceful, closer to Logic(my preferred app) than Pro Tools.
and it is extremely stable- it has not EVER crashed. and i've gotten really fond of some VST plug-ins like Vintage Warmer.
i think the thing that bothers PC users is the 'crashiness' of some Mac configurations. but i still prefer them.

--------------------
-Victor

+Quote Post
beetsman
post Tue 19 Apr 2005, 07:13
Post #10

Member No.: 64,370

According to this thread, in order for you to do pro stuff you should use Apple computers. When it is not possible to get that or you just want to cheap out and not do pro level stuff you should just stick to PCs. I'm going to look into Apples.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 25 Apr 2024, 13:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008