MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mac OS 10.3.4 available, Apple
_news_
post Thu 27 May 2004, 19:43
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Mac OS 10.3.4 available
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 27 May 2004, 19:43
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Even if first hand reports we have show the update seems to run smoothly, people relaying on OSX for work should be aware the update is on important parts of the OS (video drivers, drives handling, USB, Firewire…) So some caution until more reports come in as the update is only a day old is a GOOD idea.

I hope the update is not armful, but caution is a good bet.

Some have reported some more welcome snapiness after the update (on MDD G4).

If something bad is reported from the French Forum I'll update right away. Right, wait a few days at least if you relay on 10.3 for work.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
_guest_Andrew_
post Sat 29 May 2004, 04:10
Post #3

Visitors

My USB powered, Edirol UA-1D Audiocapture device no longer works. (digital I/O with both coax and optical) I noticed it when trying to record from a minidisc Using Bias Peak 4.02. I tested it with just the OS and it doesn't even output anymore. I was using it in Mac OS 10.3.3 just before updating to OS 10.3.4 and that's when it died. I tried all combinations of plugging and unplugging the USB device. Still doesn't work.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 29 May 2004, 04:29
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

I've had something weird with VM (but it can be unrelated) and I finlally had the snappy effect on my G3 400. parts are more responsive (like look another mailbox in Mail or lists in Finder windows).

Andrew, try to uninstall the driver and remove also pref files (you will have to be a detective). reinstall and retry…

But the update is touching non innocent thingies… unsure.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
artisan
post Tue 8 Jun 2004, 02:02
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,702

QUOTE (guest_Andrew @ May 29 2004, 03:10)
My USB powered, Edirol UA-1D Audiocapture device no longer works. (digital I/O with both coax and optical) I noticed it when trying to record from a minidisc Using Bias Peak 4.02. I tested it with just the OS and it doesn't even output anymore. I was using it in Mac OS 10.3.3 just before updating to OS 10.3.4 and that's when it died. I tried all combinations of plugging and unplugging the USB device. Still doesn't work.

I'm having the same problem with um-1s after upgrading to 10.3.4
I formatted and went to 10.3.3 which fixed the problem.

Has anyone got this resolved?
Thanks

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 11 Jun 2004, 02:31
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Save if you find a workaround it means you'll have to wait for an update of the driver.

On my side i'm still tracking the memory problem and the kernel panics I've encountered, but it seems third party related.

Also texchtools keep findig some problems on my firewire drive, but there's nothing at the scrutiny… so blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
_guest_artisan_
post Thu 24 Jun 2004, 11:20
Post #7

Visitors

Anyone find a fix for this yet???
Am i the only one with panther and the edirol um-1s ???

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 09:28
- © 440 Forums 2011