MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TerraTec supports the Mac!, Computer Hardware
_news_
post Wed 3 Mar 2004, 20:37
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

TerraTec supports the Mac!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crybaby11
post Wed 3 Mar 2004, 20:37
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,704

Hello, I downloaded EWX2496 beta drivers from terratec website. I installed the package, but my soundcard doesnt seem to be recognized by MAC OS X. I'm not used to install PCI hardware in MAC (Im a newbie) so I would like to know if I missed something during the installation.
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Wed 3 Mar 2004, 21:07
Post #3

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

Did you look in AudioMidiSetup (Applications/Utilities) . Is the card listed and selected?

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 4 Mar 2004, 04:30
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

to add to Soif answer…

Well… first, have you repaired the authorizations, always do that after an install (use either the hard drive utility from Apple (application/utilities) or Onyx (freeware) or tinkertool system (shareware). The last too allows you to run the OSX maintenance scripts that are worth running regularly (and when you have troubles), and rebinding system files (optimisation) among other things.

Restart…

If the card is still not there, I'd try a reset of the motherboard : find the lithium battery on the motherboard. near it a a small button, shut down the mac, unplug the power mains, and press the little button about 20 seconds. It'll interupt the jiuce coming for the battery to the parts always powered even with the mac shut down. Note that you will loose the PRAM data (not very useful, you'll have to re-enter stuff like the date, hour… nothing you can't enter again) but it'll initialise all the ports on the mac, so if it missed the card, maybe it'll see it now.

Now, the drivers may be faulty… sad.gif But I'll check Soif, and my hints first.
Next step, reinstall the drivers in case (also do you have to install the drivers before of after inserting the card… wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
crybaby11
post Fri 5 Mar 2004, 17:40
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,704

I tried all that (disk utility, onyx and Mother board reboot) but nothing worked. I re checked my sound card under windows...and it works well.
Then I tried to install an other PCI card in my powermac. I put an ethernet card. And it was immediatly recognized by Mac Os X. (without installing any driver...)
so I guess I should change the jumpers of my sound card.
I'll try to find an answer on the web...Thank you for your help.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 5 Mar 2004, 18:23
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

What are these jumpers for ?

Mind that the drivers may be faulty… it's still beta… blink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 20 Apr 2024, 03:25
- © 440 Forums 2011