MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "L'Île de Black Mor" a MacMusic movie, MacMusic
_news_
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 03:49
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

"L'Île de Black Mor" a MacMusic movie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sahara
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 03:49
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,936

Sounds like an advertisment. Is it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miss Kiki
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 11:50
Post #3

La madame est partie.

Member No.: 2,522

Not as much as your signature does ! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
We are simply happy to speak about this film.

--------------------
La Miss est partie sur Second Life et se prélasse sur du sable fin, entourée de créatures de rêves dans une végétation luxuriante... enfin une retraite bien méritée !!!

Yodelhihoo. ;-)

NB : ne laissez pas de messages dans ma bal, je n'y suis plus...

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 12:41
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

99% of the news is a kind of advertisement. Yet ads are forbid in forums wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
peterkirn
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 15:04
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 8,113

Hey, I'm more than happy to hear about MacMusic team members' accolades and adventures!

This sounds great, frankly!

Since we're regularly doing publicity for Digidesign and Apple, why not a little ink on our great team members and readers. If anyone wants to plug a cool project they're working on and I think readers will enjoy hearing about it, we'll run it.

And, of course, a lot of MacMusic community members are doing great things we never hear about.

+Quote Post
sahara
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 20:24
Post #6

Rookie

Wow..

Sorry, I just thought it was and have been told that it was not a good thing to post my scoring projects on sites like this, but rather let people find out for themselves by investigation if they wish. I am not sure what your aggressive response meant, so I will agree and amend my signature which I just pasted from my studio email. So sorry..

Considering that I usually get calls from people such as yourself to do sound mixes and scoring for indi projects. in addition to many free or starving artist projects of which I am passionate about, this is why I post my signature. I figure if people want to hear about my work or me they can look at my bio. That is why I inquired into your information. I guess this means that I can place my latest work link here which might also be of interest? That would be great for my perspective! Let me know anyone moderating this.

I just did a mix for a film in the last two weeks to help a struggling artist out who had no money, but a lot of talent. That is the stuff I like to hear about... Maybe this answers your question.

Good luck with all of your projects and let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the future.

Gregory

--------------------

+Quote Post
peterkirn
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 20:54
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 8,113

Gregory,

Don't worry about it -- the Internet can't convey tone, but I don't think my colleagues were meaning to be aggressive.

Obviously, the forums policy has to be extreme, in a way, so that we're not bombarded with ads.

Here in news, I'm able to moderate things. If you have a project you wish to talk about -- and it'd be especially appropriate to, say, share a tip from a project etc. -- I think we'll take it as such. I think the response to your signature was because people were taking your comment as criticism of us posting this story.

I'm not moderating any of the forums currently, but I think if you focus on sharing information of use to others and make it clear something is not an ad, then that will presumably be fine. Maybe you had a message that was blocked, I don't know, maybe you're just concerned about our policies.

I'm only defending this story, which I think is in line. And if you have similar projects you'd like to share and you make it CLEAR it's not an ad, by all means, do.

And of course many of us link to our webpages in our profile and sig, I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as you go easy on the signature and don't list your entire resume. ;-)

Peter

+Quote Post
Miss Kiki
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 21:15
Post #8

La madame est partie.

Member No.: 2,522

Hey ! Sahara look at the smileys ... cool.gif
They are supposed to mean something :
i was not agressiv... maybe a little bit amused and 1% sarcastic, that's all.
rolleyes.gif

--------------------
La Miss est partie sur Second Life et se prélasse sur du sable fin, entourée de créatures de rêves dans une végétation luxuriante... enfin une retraite bien méritée !!!

Yodelhihoo. ;-)

NB : ne laissez pas de messages dans ma bal, je n'y suis plus...

+Quote Post
sahara
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 22:57
Post #9

Rookie

Hello again,

Read again my one original posted question..."Sounds like an advertisement, Is it"? That is all I said.
This was the response I receive at my email as well. I even responded to the previous post and agreed to my misunderstood question, which got me nowhere other than more posturing, by your colleagues. I even offered to help anyone on the site if they needed it as well as a good faith measure. Oh Well..smile.gif

Articles Editor
Group: Editors
Member No.: 2522
"Not as much as your signature does !
We are simply happy to speak about this film."

If I was not in bed recovering from a shoulder surgery, I probably would not have the time to even read this stuff! I guess you both of you missed my point entirely. What do I know I'm just a composer., But all smile's aside, it did not seem like a very genuine response from a contributing editor for this site. I just try and ask questions to learn and not to be sarcastic which is what it felt like. Based on the above response, it seems like she had a right to put her work out there and that's great, but why comment then about simple contact information on my profile to rebut my question..it's all much to do about nothing.

I think I have only commented about 5 times to anything since I joined this thing. I really only look for tech updates and such. I can find those a lot of places, but again I appreciate the input and the site as well which I use as an opportunity to offer help to others who might need it.

Regards

This post has been edited by sahara: Sat 21 Feb 2004, 23:12

--------------------

+Quote Post
sahara
post Sat 21 Feb 2004, 23:14
Post #10

Rookie

I listened to Kiki's work on the film Wild Orion and enjoyed it! Nice things! smile.gif

Gregory

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 05:07
- © 440 Forums 2011