MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Soundtrack and GarageBand: Compared, Apple
_news_
post Wed 28 Jan 2004, 01:45
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Soundtrack and GarageBand: Compared
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_SittinOnTheFence_
post Wed 28 Jan 2004, 01:45
Post #2

Visitors

An interesting comparison would be GB and ACID...

It cracks me up every time I see the mainstream press describe GB as "innovative" or "revolutionary."

Geez.

+Quote Post
peterkirn
post Wed 28 Jan 2004, 06:06
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 8,113

Agreed, BUT:

Acid doesn't include soft synths.
Acid doesn't include guitar amps.
Acid doesn't have the dummy-proof interface.
Acid is MOST certainly not included free with every PC.

I've been on record several times saying this isn't revolutionary. But then, entry level generally ISN'T revolutionary. Max/MSP, Reaktor . . . revolutionary. Not terribly accessible to a newbie, either. This is something the Mac has needed for a long time, and I think the biggest boon will be as a practice aid for people, songwriting tool, sketchpad. Personally, of course, aside from using it as a MIDI notepad, I'm sticking with the bigger guns.

And I would certainly like to see a lineup with Acid vs. GB vs. Live vs. Reason. Apples to oranges, yes. But newcomers should be able to see, side by side, the difference between an Apple and and Orange.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 28 Jan 2004, 23:16
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

You're so right Peter smile.gif

The fact something is not "new" doesn't mean it's not needed… GB or something of the sort was needed for a long time. It's time people actually USE it (or not wink.gif, instead of muttering in automatic for good or bad reasons.

Let's criticize or pray the product but on it, not on marketing blablah or Evil Empire/Good Boys rant. It'll be much more interesting and insightful.

Now don't count on me, it won't run on my computer blink.gif rolleyes.gif

(unfortunately)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 23:55
- © 440 Forums 2011