MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NAMM: Edirol PCR-1 Keyboard & Interface, Computer Hardware
_news_
post Fri 23 Jan 2004, 02:04
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

NAMM: Edirol PCR-1 Keyboard & Interface
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rivocrates
post Fri 23 Jan 2004, 02:04
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,834

Just one question? Is a USB recording device of much value considering the very portable firewire audio interfaces available?

Ok, so I have read everywhere that ozone uses the same body as Oxygen which has miserable user reviews concerning the feel/reliability. PCR is much nicer in feel from what I've read, but who cares, they are USB right? Anyone want to post how well USB works versus Firewire. I think I'd wait for the firewire all in one, but the PCR-1 does look so nice (less than 2inches). That is portability. I in fact am going to be buying the PCR-30 and the M-audio Firewire 410 ($358) but I was seriously considering them all until I realized that the minute I see the firewire difference, I'd have to abandon USB. This way, I can make use of the PCR-30 and not have to throw out the baby with the bathwater when I decide to go Firewire.

Hey nobody mentioned the Audio-Extreme from Novation. I think they factor in somehow. Macmusic.org, Where is the gear round-up on these similar and oh so easy-to-compare MIDI/Audio Controllers?

This post has been edited by rivocrates: Fri 23 Jan 2004, 02:11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 24 Apr 2024, 20:51
- © 440 Forums 2011