MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NAMM: Apple Previews Next Generation Music Software, Apple
_news_
post Thu 15 Jan 2004, 20:04
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

NAMM: Apple Previews Next Generation Music Software
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
itchy
post Thu 15 Jan 2004, 20:04
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,264

Being a Logic geek I'm not terribly worried about other apps BUT, I've also been quite frustrated with the way soundtrack works. It's supposed to be a "pro" app (it's priced that way for sure) but it doesn't allow for audio bussing and, for something that is supposed to be tied to video I think time code would REALLY handy.

If they bring all of that into Logic it would eliminate my troubles compleatly.

(Just my .02))

+Quote Post
peterkirn
post Thu 15 Jan 2004, 21:35
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 8,113

Well, they're bringing Apple Loops into Logic -- that doesn't mean they're bringing Soundtrack into Logic. And both Soundtrack and Garage Band have decidedly Apple-like, UN-Emagic-like interfaces. I have a feeling the Emagic folks aren't going to let Apple give their apps an Apple UI makeover, but I could be wrong. I for one would love to see a new Logic interface that takes the best of Logic and combines it with the best of FCP, Soundtrack, Garage Band . . . after all, DVD Studio Pro, also an Apple pro app purchase, got a complete redesign from Apple in v2.

+Quote Post
itchy
post Thu 15 Jan 2004, 21:54
Post #4

Member No.: 33,264

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that they bring "soundtrack" into Logic, just the loop functionality.

I'm also very curious about the sound quality of the "amp generator". I'm hoping it will rival the TDM Amp Farm plug in (or Pod hardware)

I've alway's felt the interface could use some love but now that I've used it for years I'd hate to have to re-learn anything in it. I describe it as having a learning wall instead of a curve.

I'm also glad (I think) that I finally got upgraded to 6 as they've apparently just thinned the product line herd. I don't know that I would've been able to get the deal I just got.

Although. it would have been REALLY nice to have "space designer" included. I'm wondering it that will add $500 to the price tag?

+Quote Post
jannop
post Fri 16 Jan 2004, 10:52
Post #5

Member No.: 19,033

Nice to have had Space Designer included? It is - no extra charge.

+Quote Post
wlevin
post Fri 16 Jan 2004, 16:33
Post #6

Member No.: 25,262

It would be nice if Apple provided an anticipated release date for this Logic Pro (version 7?) Even if it was just a general timeframe, like Summer '04 or Q4. I have a feeling that a lot of current Emagic Logic Platinum users may hesitate to upgrade to Logic Pro 6 for $199 with this preview announcement of the inevitable Logic Pro 7 looming around the corner.

The new Sculpture and UltraBeat components really sound great!

--------------------
http://www.macboy.com
Cartoons for Mac Geeks

Mew & Zach
Mac Music Comic Strip

PowerBook G4 800MHz Mac OS X 10.3, Emagic Logic Platinum 6, amt8, Yamaha TG500 (x2), Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JD-990, Roland D-550, Korg M1, Oberheim Matrix 6R, Mackie LM3204 line mixer, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, V-Tech VT-1030 Cheap-O Uni-Directional Mic, Macromedia Flash 6 MX

+Quote Post
G Zero
post Wed 21 Jan 2004, 11:36
Post #7

Member No.: 22,687

I'd say: wait until the Frankfurt MusikMesse in March. Maybe they'll announce something then.

+Quote Post
peterkirn
post Wed 21 Jan 2004, 14:16
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 8,113

Yeah, agreed, we're short on details here. But I do think there are TWO announcements: the consolidation of Emagic's line into Logic Express and Pro and the next-generation plugins we'd presumably see in Logic 7 (or whatever they call it). Hopefully the consolidated products will be available sooner. NAMM's such a blitz, who knows, maybe we'll get some details in the next couple of weeks.

Going to be a very appealing deal for a lot of folks, that's for sure. May lure some new users to Planet Logic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 07:06
- © 440 Forums 2011