MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Macworld: Apple Introduces Garage Band, Apple
_news_
post Tue 6 Jan 2004, 20:41
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Macworld: Apple Introduces Garage Band
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BusError
post Tue 6 Jan 2004, 20:41
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,795

The Keystation 49 is a eKeys 49, NOT a MK-449C.

--------------------

+Quote Post
_guest_Ben_
post Tue 6 Jan 2004, 21:27
Post #3

Visitors

Finally apple has realized that pro and semi-pro audio is a market they should be in. I have been waiting for a low-cost, musician friendly, recording and composing application for years now and it looks as if Apple have delivered.

can't wait to give it a try.

+Quote Post
peterkirn
post Tue 6 Jan 2004, 22:58
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 8,113

Agreed, though why are they billing this as a pro app? Us pros are already using DP, PT, Logic . . . guess it's just marketing speak?

Will pros use it? Well, absolutely. The same as we use iDVD, iMovie, etc., etc.! Okay, perhaps I've answered my question.

+Quote Post
wlevin
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 01:20
Post #5

Member No.: 25,262

It is great that GarageBand includes 50 virtual instruments! Any word if these virtual instruments are AudioUnits, and if so, can they be used by other comparable applications like Emagic Logic Platinum 6?

I'm kinda' jealous that my expensive Logic didn't include the same nice sounding samples that Apple threw into GarageBand, part of a $49 iLife suite smile.gif

--------------------
http://www.macboy.com
Cartoons for Mac Geeks

Mew & Zach
Mac Music Comic Strip

PowerBook G4 800MHz Mac OS X 10.3, Emagic Logic Platinum 6, amt8, Yamaha TG500 (x2), Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JD-990, Roland D-550, Korg M1, Oberheim Matrix 6R, Mackie LM3204 line mixer, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, V-Tech VT-1030 Cheap-O Uni-Directional Mic, Macromedia Flash 6 MX

+Quote Post
_donglai_
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 02:28
Post #6

Visitors

my burning question is does GarageBand support Firewire audio interfaces?

+Quote Post
vacationland
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 02:54
Post #7

Member No.: 32,626

Any word yet if GarageBand supports Firewire audio interfaces? Does Soundtrack?

+Quote Post
_guest_Blamm_
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 03:57
Post #8

Visitors

Does anyone know if GarageBand (or even Soundtrack for that matter) supports ReWire? I'm guessing "no" since they're trying to fill that same niche, but it would be nice to still be able to use my Reason bits.

+Quote Post
a_rhythmic
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 06:34
Post #9

Member No.: 27,580

Apple really seems to be spreading their audio assets far and wide with this addittion. It would be nice to see them consolidate the technology into Soundtrack and focus on adding real pro level features (ala REX/Rewire Support, a true mixing GUI, etc.). IMHO, Soundtrack 2.0 should have been the announcement, oh and we added AU Instruments/Synths and a record button....sounds logical (pun)...and the price could be reduced with a reduced sample set (LE version). They are most likely licensed samples anyway, demanding the bulk of the cost.

Their approach, though, has added several ideas to the audio world that are long overlooked in their excellent sample browser and the use of metadata. The Loop tuner would be a healthy alternative to Recycle if the app could support REX format, too.

They have all the makings for an effective Pro-loop based arrangement tool that could compete with Live and Reason. Seemless integration to the Logic environment would make a compelling package , standalone for others whose needs are in the Video market and an LE for the kids.

+Quote Post
_1kirsch_
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 07:12
Post #10

Visitors

$49?

I'm in.

I already have soundtrack and FCP...

I'm still in...java script:emoticon(':D')

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 25 Apr 2024, 17:00
- © 440 Forums 2011