MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Digi 002 Rack !, Computer Hardware
_news_
post Tue 6 Jan 2004, 04:15
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Digi 002 Rack !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sndchck
post Tue 6 Jan 2004, 04:15
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,526

I just bought one. The only problem now is that my G5 doesn't have Panther yet. (it's in the mail). Digi002 with LE only works on Panther and MUST be LE 6.2.2 (optimozed for the G5) So, i have two pricey paper weights sitting in my studio! wink.gif

I'll let ya know how it goes when things are up and running.

This post has been edited by sndchck: Tue 6 Jan 2004, 04:17

+Quote Post
Nels
post Tue 6 Jan 2004, 05:42
Post #3

Member No.: 25,398

Hmmmm, from what I've read, Pro Tools 6.2.2 should be compatible with Mac OS X version 10.2.5 and up on a G5. Are you sure you're not missing something?

On the page that you provided, it even says so. ....What's up with that?

Hope you get those paper weights up and running before the Panther growls.

+Quote Post
_Guest_
post Mon 12 Jan 2004, 01:49
Post #4

Visitors

I meant to say that in order to use LE on a G5, you have to run 6.2.2 with Panther.

For now though the digi002 box works well as a tv dinner tray biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sndchck
post Tue 9 Mar 2004, 06:26
Post #5

Member No.: 32,526

here's my reply to a questioned emailed to me from a user who saw this thread:

I LOVE this setup hugely. As far as the G5 1.6GHz goes, it's pretty powerful especially when you consider that i was running Reason Propellerhead, SampleTank and PT 6.2.2 (with plugins) all at once on the G5 when i only had 256MB of RAM. PT LE requires a min of 384MB RAM and Propellerhead i think is 512MB (not sure).
Yah, i did get the errors once my track counts increased, but since i've added another 512MB RAM (now 768MB) I've noticed a dramatic increase in performance. Also, i have been using the G5's IDE drive which makes it a little slower than assigning all audio tasks to an external firewire drive.

Latency has not been an issue so far. It was a little at first with just 256MB RAM. The reason was because of the low RAM, i couldn't run MIDI and Analogue tracks at the same time without setting my "hardware buffer size" In PT to 1054 bits. I could've just set my MIDI offset to match it but didn't bother as i was just getting familiar with the platform knowing i'd be adding RAM.

As far as anologue tracks being played back i've gone up to 19 with some RTAS and a few MIDI tracks triggering Propellerhead and SampleTank. If i encounter any prob's i usually create an audio file of certain MIDI tracks so that i can close the sample plugin ie SampleTank, Propellerhead.
Once i add another pair of 512MB RAM, this should be less of a problem. Plus i will be getting an external firewire drive soon as the "cherry on top".

Hope that helps. Anymore q's just lemme know. I'll do my best to answer them.

Chow!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 25 Apr 2024, 04:32
- © 440 Forums 2011