Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Cubase Sx To Play Midi
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Cubase & Nuendo
cshortreed
Hello,

I have a G4/500MHz with 1GB RAM running Panther 10.3. I am having a heck of a time getting Cubase SX 1.051 to play MIDI files! I can watch the levels and see that something is going out, but no sound form either my Internal sound card or via my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (newest 10.3 driver installed).

I am new to both Cubase SX and music production on the MAC. I have Digital Performer 4.1 and everything works great, but in Cubase I cannot get anything to sound out. I can import an audio file and it will play without a hitch.

Here is what I have tried so far:
Creating VST instruments and re-mapping them
Setting up VST Multitrack to play through every interface (internal audio, different ports on my Audiophile, etc.)
Cussing

Nothing seems to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated! I prefer DP4.1 but I don't know how to get VST instruments to work through it so I'm using Cubase SX instead. Arghhh!

Thank You!
cshortreed
For whatever reason this seems to be working fine now. I messed with so many settings that I'm not sure what it was, but whatever it was it required me to restart my Cubase SX before it worked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.