Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Mac Ever Release An Ipod You Can Record With?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > iMusic: iPod, iTunes, MP3 etc.
Jebus0000
i think that would be right on. If it had a stereo mic input like on a minidisc recorder. Do you think there's any chance of this happening soon?
olo23
I think it would be a fantastic thing for the audio community, though I'd like an option:

lower end iPods could have built in mic's to act as a dictaphone and random sound grabber, but the higher end ipods could have a stereo input jack.

I guess it would be a bit much to expect phantom power ;-)

If ipods could record they would have to allow the option to record as an AIFF file instead of dealing only with MP3/AAC

Portable DAT machines would disappear in no time provided the mic preamp on an ipod wasn't hideous.
lepetitmartien
If Apple has that into its mind I think it'll be a natural evolution of the iPod concept. When the capacity will be so huge it'll be meaningless Apple will need other arguments to sell the iPod, the ability to record will be a strong selling point then.

It'll come… someday.

(add to that that you need now a computer for that, which is part of the equation wink.gif
boze
i wonder if apple will manage to be frst with something like this though..

aren't there already other fw mp3 players now? and aren't there usb ones that can already record?

plus apple has got to know that it's not professionals with a need for digital wallet for photos or a adat replacement for audio that are the bulk of the ipod market. it's like all college kids and stuff, right? i'm guessing we'll find it elsewhere first and maybe not on the ipod at all even.

i think the super majority of folks if they were to have another need beyond just mp3's ripped and copied and stolen and stuff it'd be the external drive thing, which is already taken care of.

i hope i'm wrong though.
kaboombahchuck
Seems I read somewhere (on this site?) that you can "trick" an iPod into recording live....
Synthetic
yep... I too read somewhere that ipod had a few hidden features and I think it was able to record but seems like it was really short time like 5 seconds or something like that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.