Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Synth Should I Buy?
440 Forums > English > Synthesizers > Digital
oeuf
Im a total newbie when it comes to synths (my main instrument is drums).

I am looking for a versatile synth to make some nintendo style music and that can make sounds similar to Radiohead's Kid A Album. I would like the synth to have 3 oscillator channels. I can make stuff similar to that on Fruity loops, but I want the hardware to make it possible.

Thanks laugh.gif
lepetitmartien
I'm not sure (not THAT fond of PS/nintendo stuff) but the Elektron SIDstation (try to grab one 2nd hand) should fill your bill even if it's more C64 related (well definetly Commodore related wink.gif

Kid A speaking the synths are: Clavia Nord Modular and Analogue Systems RS Integrator RS8000. It's synths not for the fainted of heart as they are modular synths even if i LOOOOOOVE my NM (I won't be ashamed at all to have an ASys either but money and place available… wink.gif

Radiohead may use other synths but these are the mains trouble makers.
oeuf
Merci pour ton aide petit martien!

laugh.gif
souls_urchin
Personally (if you're looking for hardware) Novation Super Nova Desktop is really good with loads of osc and fx. If you have a soft set up and you want to get your hands dirty v4 of REAKTOR is amzing and you can have as many osc as your little heart desires, also Absynth is a very creative tool.

Prices of hardware a at a premium so the nova could be cheap.

GOOD LUCK and happy knob twiddling.

S_U biggrin.gif
oeuf
Thanks alot, your help is really useful!

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.