Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Powercore Save My Imac?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Audio, MIDI, DSP Cards and Interfaces, Controllers > TC
BigDawgES
I've been dealing with the low power of my 400MHz iMac for some time now, saving money for a new machine. I desire to run CubaseSX on OS 10.2, using a variety of software synths as well as Reason 2.5 through ReWire.

However, I was contemplating the possibility of keeping my current machine and using TCWorks's PowerCore Firewire to handle all of my software synths. Is this a viable option, does that machine even work with sofware synthesizers, or does it merely provide effects?

Any input/other viable options would be greatly appreciated.
MrD.
Those DSP card only support plugs or synths thar are written for them. So you won't be able to use any of your favorite synths with it. There is a free synth that is ver usable with the card (SH101 like) .

But the main thing is, if you use native reverb the powercore wll take all that effort of your Imac and will give you better quality reverbs then almost any other native plug. So it will make your imac life a little longer...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.