Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G3 Blue& White Tower
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Mac and Peripherals > Mac PowerPC
James1966
I just got a G3 BLu&Wht and would like to know my G4 card upgrade options.Also it can take a 2nd ATA HD and I'd like to know if its better to put a firwire HD in there or external.In addition it has a zip drive and I'd like to swap it out and get something else.Anybody have suggestions? I plan to max the memory out too. tongue.gif
robinsky
I have the 300 MHZ B&W. I bought a G4 500 MHZ upgradecard from sonnet (www.sonnettech.com) in autumn and actually it worked very well with music. But I had a few systemcrashes with other tools like Word, InternetExplorer or even Illustrator. I switched back to G3 after 2 or 3 month and don't have any problems.
Today I will get my cardexchange and I really hope it'll work now. But speed is very good with the card and doing audio no problem.
It depends if you want to be mobil. I have a FirewireHD cause I need it at home and in the studio, so FireWire is perfect. If you're working at the same place all the time, I would install the HD internal. To swap the Zip is a good idea, but you can't put anything else in there, which is really a mess! angry.gif
To upgrade your memory is never wrong!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.