Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "simplest" Usb -> Midi Interface?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Getting Started
Turner
I need to get one of these to hook up my Blue & White G3... apparently my Opcode Midi Translator II doesn't work through the printer port angry.gif

I guess the simpler (cheaper?) the better; I'll only be hooking one keyboard up for now - that's all I have anyway. Guitar Center said they had one for $30 (the UNO, but even on their site I see it's $39) and when I got there they "didn't have them yet" and kindly offered one at $45... uh-huh.

Anyway...

Thanks,
Andrew
danml69
Did you select the printer port in OMS or midi application as the port sending and receiving midi data? In OS9 you should be able to use the printer port if its selected. Won't work in OSX though.
Turner
QUOTE (danml69 @ Dec 14 2002, 01:57)
Did you select the printer port in OMS or midi application as the port sending and receiving midi data? In OS9 you should be able to use the printer port if its selected. Won't work in OSX though.

Hi Dan -

Yup, tried just about every combination thereof...

Andrew
Turner
QUOTE (danml69 @ Dec 14 2002, 01:57)

Got it!

Got it got it got it.

I had to build a little studio in OMS first....

Thanks!

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.