Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Oxygen8-jaguar-reason
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Reason
jeb52
Has anyone had Oxygen 8 running with OS10? I would be most obliged for some instruction in making this possible.

I have tried to download the relevant OMS driver from Midiman, only nothing seems to be there on my Powerbook...I suppose the 'B' stands for beta, which translates into my having to wait for them to get around to offering a real version....And yet, I thought Jaguar eliminated the need for such third party support. I cannot make heads or tails of the Audio Midi settings.

A belated thank you to Synthetic for his fine advice for hooking Oxygen 8 up with Reason in OS9. Is that my only option?

Thanks again...
ra-mir
Oxygen 8 works with Reason on OS X. You need the driver titled M-Audio_OSX_USB_MIDI_3.0b1.sit. I don't think that you need a reboot after you install, but this may depend on your version of Jaguar. Best to reboot just in case.

In Audio MIDI Setup, the Oxygen 8 will show up as [1x1]. You shouldn't have to do anything here.

Go to the preferences in Reason and choose "Advanced MIDI". The Oxygen 8 will show up as "[1x1] Port 1".

You don't need (or want) OMS for OS X, but you do need the hardware drivers for the device.
jeb52
Thank you Ra-Mir, it works perfectly now. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.