Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ssd In Imac 21,5"
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Getting Started
toni2032
Some people say it is a problema. If you install SSD in place of HD Disk, due to this temperature sensor.
As a matter of fact I dont see what is the problem since OWC indicates to use SSD in place of optical DVD.
Well could someone give some explanation about this matter?
lepetitmartien
Apple used a specific cable to connect hard drives in new iMacs for a year. It not only carries power and data but also the specific data on thermal sensor using a special firmware in the harddrive. Trouble is, you can't plug a new drive like this or it'll think the iMac is overheating (as the sensor won't answer the system will think it has a heat issue)

Solutions I've seen use special cables to trick the system.

I know it's an issue if you use the hard drive location/cable. I don't know for the DVD location, I have not seen something about it.

I may add, OWC are serious people, if they tell you it's possible on your specific mac model, it is. smile.gif And I've used their services even if I'm in Europe. Serious persons, really.
zoers
Occasionally, Dad would get out his mandolin and play for the family. We three children: Trisha, Monte and I, George Jr., would often sing along. Songs such as the Tennessee Waltz, Harbor Lights and around Christmas time, the well-known rendition of Silver Bells.
----------------------------------
Runescape 3 Gold and world of warcraft gold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.