Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Natural Drums For Logic 8
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Plug-Ins and Virtual Instruments
manchoa
Hi !

I use Logic studio 8 and I'm looking for best and real sounding natural drums to use with Logic. Any suggestions ? Can be both in Au or EXS format.
Best if they were in GM format.

Thanks

Tommy
Dub
Take a look at BFD2 by FxPansion

houstonmusic
my two current faves:
RMV from LinPlug
and Reason's Drum Kit's expansion, running under ReWire.
both have some very natural and mixable kits.
RMV has the added benefit of having some synthetic options.
prewarp
mixosaurus, though somewhat pricey.
emgcarra
Hi: I use Addictive Drums and all I can say is: Wow...! They (almost all drum software) will always sound like... kind of fake, but in this case, you can have a very realistic effect ....In this, like any other software, you will need some drummer´s tricks in mind to make it happens, but it is very flexible...
Good Luck cool.gif
ironhead
QUOTE (emgcarra @ Sun 17 Jan 2010, 21:03) *
Hi: I use Addictive Drums and all I can say is: Wow...! They (almost all drum software) will always sound like... kind of fake, but in this case, you can have a very realistic effect ....In this, like any other software, you will need some drummer´s tricks in mind to make it happens, but it is very flexible...
Good Luck cool.gif

Check out this link you may like this software from toontrack they have others software also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpw8rNZ2xVA
svalvolazz
Try
http://naturaldrum.com/index.php?option=co...8&Itemid=58
it works with Kontakt 2 or Halion 3, but works fine.
Svalvolazz
houstonmusic
Svalvolazz, man NDK sounds amazing. the demos are beautifully programmed and it's a huge amount of content... thanks for highlighting this.

svalvolazz
you're welcome, I'm owner of bfd2 too, but I prefere these sounds 'cause are much more natural.
All the best.
svalvolazz
Satriana
Hello,

The Abbey Road drums from Native sound nice. Jazz and Nashville EZX from Toontrack work fine too! cool.gif
manchoa
Thanks everyone.

So I went for Superior Drummer with N.Y. Studios addon and Jazz EZX, Nashville EZX and Funk EZX from EZ Drummer. I also looked for Ocean Way drums, but for 50 gig and the price, they did not do the work good enaough for me... (sorry,my taste).

My friend has BFD1 on his PC so I had a chance to try it. IS BFD2 the same or better ? Does it support GM layout or only iMap ?

Tommy
Satriana
Ocean Drums are not a good deal. BFD2 does have better sounds than its former version.

But one thing sucks : snare roll (like machinegun), impossible to do what you get with Toontrack. Moreover, it needs more work to get the sound. Just my feelings.

Otherwise, you can check analogue drums. There are some good things and a free mono kit.

Or buy a real drumkit wink.gif cool.gif

manchoa
hei !

do the analogue drums come with exs24 file already or do I have to make the kit myself ? They sounded great ! (pop sticks...)
Satriana
Are you talking about install?
manchoa
Yes. Is it sample sonly or does it have also exs file to use with Loic Studio exs24 sampler

Citation (Satriana @ mer 3 fév 2010, 19:33) *
Are you talking about install?

Satriana
There should be an EXS file since there are for Battery and Kontakt. When i downloaded the mono kit, It worked only with the last ones. EXS compatibility came after.
houstonmusic
yes,
i've just installed the big mono kit for Kontakt, and it's a ball. a big hairy ball.
pushtobreak
QUOTE (svalvolazz @ Wed 20 Jan 2010, 07:30) *
Try
Svalvolazz

Hey is it just me or is this library not available? I can't find a download page or price anywhere in the links...

QUOTE (pushtobreak @ Fri 5 Feb 2010, 08:27) *
Try
Svalvolazz

Hey is it just me or is this library not available? I can't find a download page or price anywhere in the links...

Try
Svalvolazz

Hey is it just me or is this library not available anymore? I can't find any download or price in any of the links.
manchoa
worked for me. I will buy the Pop Stick today.
Satriana
So are you satisfied?
manchoa
Yes !
I bought Popsticks and Splitsticks - they sound both great. I didn't like the k-board layout (not GM, not iMap) and it was not comfortable to play for me, but in Battery I was able to re-map the samples with no trouble, so now I have bot iMap and GM layout for them. Some samples needed some tweaking for me - the velocity was not very good (too sensitive) and the sound of ride cymbal was a bit too loud and low for me, I tuned it higher about 1,5 tones and now it's perfect.

Thanks
Satriana
Great cool.gif
manchoa
Citation (Satriana @ lun 8 fév 2010, 13:34) *
Great cool.gif

Merci tres bien ;-)
jonutarr
have a look at Drum masters & Ocean way Drums from Sonic Reality
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.