Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.5 Tb Os And Program Drive With 350 Gig Audio Drive
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Mac and Peripherals > Hard Drives
SadPandas
Hi all, just recently purchased the new snow leopard and logic 9 for my 2.6 dual quad monster (early Jan 08). I also purchased a 1.5tb drive for the os and all of my programs and then wiped and used the old os (stock) drive in bay #2. Anyway, i was wondering if i am doing this correctly. I have heard numerous options and configurations such as 1 drive for OS another for programs and yet another for audio. I think as long as i am not reading and writing from the same drive i should be ok but just wanted to ask other's opinions and suggestions. I have also heard of some folks using yet another drive for their samples etc. Please let me know how you have YOUR system configured, i am always up for learning why some people prefer a to b. etc. Hope all is well.

P
lepetitmartien
Well, it's covered over and over, to be short :

- keep system/apps on one drive. Along with the day by day files etc.
- have all audio files on another one (it can be the whole projects to make things simpler)
- if you can separate samples, it's a good idea too but if you don't rely much on them, you can leave them on either drive. Some have less/more issues on this subject, it depends a lot on your way to work/setup/software/drives

So you had everything known already wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.