Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noob Q Of Course... Triggering Samples/sequences
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Getting Started
Turner
Hi all-

Ok, I'm certain this has been covered but way too many hits come up with the keywords, so I'll have to ask.

Basically, I'd like to be able to have a MIDI track or audio recording playing to which I am playing along.

Then, I'd like to be able to hit a trigger of some sort (say, a drum trigger) that can be assigned to play either a MIDI part or a sample, or perhaps jump to a new section in a composition.

There are probably a zillion ways to do this but as I'm just getting going here I don't know where to start, or, more importantly, what I need to look for in my equipment.

FYI I have a few macs and some rudimentary MIDI equipment but plan to get a pretty decent electronic drum kit pretty soon.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

mortalengines
As general as the question sounds...here's a general answer....Get Ableton Live and a midi foot controller (doesn't matter which....most of them work pretty well.....just pick one and get going....here's a link to several: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?...GG&ZYXSEM=0 )....the rest you can probably figure out on your own....what I mean by this is once you have Live down, you can assign ANY function to be triggered by the controller.... it wouldn't hurt to get the "POWER!" book for Ableton Live as well......have fun.

www.reverbnation.com/mortalengines
Turner
Hey mortalengines,

sorry for the delay - thanks for the reply.

I went to the site, read a bit, downloaded the user manual.. yeah, looks like that may be the way to go!

cheers
Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.