Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audio Enhancement Software
440 Forums > English > Audio > Effects and Treatments
LGLDSR
Sorry if I have not posted this in the correct Forum but it was as close as I could find. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I have a segment of audio (voice) that is 00:00:11 in length which was originally extremely difficult to understand what was being said. After spending countless hours using Audacity I have been able to successfully extract all but the trailing two words to this whisper.

I have gone as far as I can with Audacity, using it's Effects (amplification, pitch, High and Low Pass filter, etc) to what I believe to be their maximum potential for my work. As such I am still in need of software that will run under OS-X 10.4.11 that will allow me to 'pull out' what these last two words are in this conversation. If I need to start from scratch then so be it since I am now aware of all but the last two spoken words.

Again, any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
melenko
Hi,
try this :
http://www.db-audioware.com/vocalintensifier.htm
pretty efficient, and cheap.
Dasa Soul
Aloha !! you can a old copy of iLIFE on ebay for $5 to 10 , which has Garage Band .and it will do a bunch of cool stuf .if you computer will handle .(1 GHz is recomended ) cool.gif
LGLDSR
QUOTE (LGLDSR @ Sun 29 Jun 2008, 14:15) *
Sorry if I have not posted this in the correct Forum but it was as close as I could find. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I have a segment of audio (voice) that is 00:00:11 in length which was originally extremely difficult to understand what was being said. After spending countless hours using Audacity I have been able to successfully extract all but the trailing two words to this whisper.

I have gone as far as I can with Audacity, using it's Effects (amplification, pitch, High and Low Pass filter, etc) to what I believe to be their maximum potential for my work. As such I am still in need of software that will run under OS-X 10.4.11 that will allow me to 'pull out' what these last two words are in this conversation. If I need to start from scratch then so be it since I am now aware of all but the last two spoken words.

Again, any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Thanks! I'll give that a try although I see it is a Plug-In but it is not stated which audio applications accept it. Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks again!

QUOTE (dasasoul @ Mon 30 Jun 2008, 06:54) *
Aloha !! you can a old copy of iLIFE on ebay for $5 to 10 , which has Garage Band .and it will do a bunch of cool stuf .if you computer will handle .(1 GHz is recomended ) :cool:

Thanks. I have Garage Band but am unable to import .MP3 or .WAV files into it...so I am a bit confused as to how I could use this program to modify the source file.
mortalengines
Garageband will use Audio Unit plug ins so it should be ok if the plug in question is AU....GB doesn't accept wav files? I thought it did....seems like I've used wav files in GB before (then again I use Ableton and my daughter uses GB so I am definitely not an authority on the subject). Maybe try converting your wav file to aiff in i-Tunes.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines
LGLDSR
QUOTE (mortalengines @ Wed 2 Jul 2008, 00:54) *
Garageband will use Audio Unit plug ins so it should be ok if the plug in question is AU....GB doesn't accept wav files? I thought it did....seems like I've used wav files in GB before (then again I use Ableton and my daughter uses GB so I am definitely not an authority on the subject). Maybe try converting your wav file to aiff in i-Tunes.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

My mistake, GB certainly does accept .WAV files.

I have downloaded Vocal Intensifier from DB-Audioware but for the life of me I do not see how this is imported in Garage Band. Can someone assist please?

Many thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.