Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10.5.3 Compatibility Thread
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Software on MacOS X
lepetitmartien
Should work seemingly (it's too soon to be absolutely sure)

- Ivory
- Logic
- VSL
houstonmusic
i don't know why, but i'm not feeling "early adopter" right now. i'm going to wait a week or two and see what others discover.
call me yellow.
lepetitmartien
We have some in the French forum, that's why I report wink.gif

DP 5.13 seems as fine as on 10.5.2 (the guy has issues with audio midi setup still, recurring problem already there in 10.5.2)
lepetitmartien
Confirmed about Logic 8.02 no more system overload
Jim Hoyland
Digidesign have apparently been waiting for 10.5.3 to release Leopard compatible LE versions. The website promises downloads within weeks.
mortalengines
Any ideas for hardware compatibility? I just got my little Apogee Duet going and am hesitant about the update until I hear otherwise.....

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines
Macintop
I can understand you're worries. I'm using both a ensemble and a duet and had some kernal panic's with 10.5.2.
Apoogee recently released a new software package containing a new FW dirver. And that fixxed it for me. This new fw driver is the 10.5.3. driver so I upgraded to 10.5.3 and it rns fine for me.

I'm using a MacBookPro Core 2 Due an Logic Pro 8.0.2

Regards
mortalengines
That's good news because I am on 10.5.2 and I had to download the just released driver to do anything with my duet. I was up until almost 1AM trying to get it to work when I needed to wake up at 5:30 for my day job....sure didn't want to go thru that again.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines
lepetitmartien
Nothing to add at the moment…

note that in other domains the update is not full roof, there's glitches with adobe CS3. So if it works now where you are, don't run for now till there's a few weeks in the update and a better idea of eventual issues. Especially for hardware, it takes more time to have feedback.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.