Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Word On The Release Of Digital Performer?
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Music Software > Digital Performer, AudioDesk
Ekay
Seems like it's been very quiet on the MOTU web site considering they are suppose to be releasing the OS X compatible version in November. Has anyone heard any reliable news as to their plans? I have been waiting since July (when I bought my new Mac G4) for DP - seems like a long wait for no announcements to date. Since we're all hungry for what they say they will make available, is the waiting going to pay out soon? huh.gif
Synthetic
that is odd... especially since DP was one of the first apps I remember having mentioned of moving to OSX quite some time ago. I actually assumed it was already out until informed otherwise about a month ago.
filarion
They had a lot of pictures of some early build floating around a few months ago. I was under the impression that it was "about done" myself, but I thought that about Logic OSX a year ago too...
deleted
It seems the pictures showing DP under OS X are fake! (something illogical concerning the dock).
Anyway, i'm pretty sure MOTU is working hard on it, and i hope to see it at the beginning of 2003... But it take so long for the 3.1 update to come out, i'm a bit anxious for the OS X release...
Once DP and Pro Tools are ported, i'll kiss goodbye OS 9.

If anybody knows more, hint :-)

Bye.
Ekay
I can only *hope* MOTU is working hard on the new release for OS X, but it would be nice to hear a release date or some indication that we are not waiting in vain. Their web-site doesn't encourage it!

I will agree with Yukulele .... I'm anxious to say goodbye to OS 9, but that will take months. Seems that the audio/multimedia/midi software companies are all dragging their feet on the issue! I feel for those who only have OS X to work with!

I'm still looking for more specific, reliable information concerning the release of DP, if anyone has any .....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.