Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recording Virtual Drummer
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Getting Started
Macdicker
Just getting started doing some recording.. have G3 with RCA in ... using a version of "Sound Sculptor"... I realize that these programs may not be the best ones (any and all suggestions will be appreciated).. I want to *run* Virtual Drummer and record it with "Sound Sculptor" is there a way to do this?

Many thanks...also any tips on recommended *articles* out there on making & recording music on the mac, for beginning students, would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help..Jim
Synthetic
don't know much about sound sculptor but virtual drummer will create midi files and then you can import the midi files into a midi sequencer for output... so if sound sculptor will take midi files then you are in business... if not... then you are going to need more apps. wink.gif
Djordje
Virtual Drummer can also render audio files to your harddisk. You can import them later in any audio-arranging application and add effects etc. I use it sometimes for drum-parts.
damann
hi macdicker,
i don't think you'll have much luck here. wink.gif
soundsculptor, if i remember correctly, has not been updated in a loooooong time, it's more of a stereo audio editing app than a sequencer.
it really sounds to me like you should get online, check the music software downloads at sites like hitsquad, harmony central, audiomac etc, and choose one of the new free/shareware apps that WILL do what you require. rolleyes.gif
i hope this helps...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.